3. Majesty of the Seas
We've been on Anthem and Freedom. This was our first time on Majesty. I chose it for the great price and date-it included Christmas! I was worried prior to sailing that we would possibly be disappointed on Majesty because it is so much smaller. We were not disappointed in its size. It was super convenient. We did not experience crowds or lines anywhere. When we wanted to use the hot tubs, there was room for us. MDR was similar to Anthem and Freedom with food and excellent service. Six of us traveled together in three rooms. Two of us attended the Chef's Table five course wine pairing on night 1. I've never done that before and from this point forward I will do it every time. The food, wine, service and knowledge were well worth the money. Three of us did the wind tasting on day 2. It was the usual. We do it every time and always enjoy it. Four of us did the all access tour. We'd never done it before and enjoyed it. I wouldn't do it more than once, or at least not more than once every five years... It's definitely worth doing once if you are interested in seeing the behind the scenes and off limits areas. We traveled to Key West and Nassau. At Key West we took the train excursion that takes you around the island and lets to you get on/off to do things. We got off and went to Ernest Hemingway's house and the Butterfly Conservatory. Both enjoyable and worth it. My kids (17, 20, 26) are all cat fans so besides the history at the Hemingway House, they got to interact with the 50 ish cats. We did some quick shopping at the tourist shops and headed back to the ship and ate a late lunch. At Nassau we had a private boat excursion scheduled through Island Marketing LTD. We've worked with them before and had a great time. This time they had to cancel the excursion last minute due to weather. That was disappointing but understandable. They gave us a full refund as their policy promises. We were able to book a last minute excursion with RCL to Blue Lagoon Island. We've been there before and it is beautiful and relaxing. Unfortunately, it was extremely crowded this time and the weather did not hold out. Picture a couple thousand people trying to get lunch at a pavilion at the same time and rushing for the ferry boat back to the ship so they didn't have to wait out in the storm. I would have been better off saving the $600, doing local shopping and staying on the ship. We did a quick souvenir shop and returned to the ship. $5 Bloody Mary's in Windjammer 7-10 AM was a great start to each day. Complaints- Trivia was scheduled throughout the cruise and was more often than not, not the advertised topic. That was disappointing because we planned our activities around participating in the trivia we were interested in/knew something about. The same thing happened with advertised 2 for 1 drink specials. I went to the location (Chorus Line Theater) and it was closed. Locked up. It's not fun to spend vacation trying to ascertain what is actually happening and what they are saying is happening. So as far as the Cruise Compass goes, it was a fail. Overall, great experience and would do it again.

Majesty for Christmas!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by catsisnthecottage

$5 Bloody Mary's in Windjammer 7-10 AM was a great start to each day.

Complaints-

Overall, great experience and would do it again.
catsisnthecottage’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V
Room was great. Not noisy. Nothing broken, etc. A little smaller than other interior rooms I've stayed in; only one closet, no shelves and no refrigerator. Bathroom was standard ship interior size and set up. We had room 6687 next door also (not connecting rooms) and it was the same as ours. Our room steward was Francis and he was wonderful.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Trolley Tour
    We took the Trolley train that takes you around the island with stops to get on/off. We got off and went to Ernest Hemingway's House and the Butterfly Conservatory. Both enjoyable and worth the money. We did some souvenir shopping and returned to the ship for a late lunch,
    View All 146 Trolley Tour Reviews
  • Blue Lagoon Island Beach
    Originally, we scheduled an excursion independently through Island Marketing LTD to take a private boat (with Capt. Carl who we love) snorkeling and fishing. That had to be canceled because of the weather. They were true to their policy and gave us a full refund. We were able to go to the excursion desk on board our ship and get a beach day at Blue Lagoon Island last minute. We have been there before and knew it was beautiful and a great time. I highly recommend this excursion despite today's experience. Unfortunately, the weather didn't hold out and I would have been better saving the $400 and staying on the ship. Imagine a couple thousand people trying to get lunch at a pavilion at the same time then all trying to get the first ferry back to the ship. Poor thinking on my part after Capt. Carl canceling.
    View All 259 Blue Lagoon Island Beach Reviews