3. Oasis of the Seas
I thought this would be a better alternative to a Disney cruise. The Youth clubs were aged disproportionately at 6-12 and 13 -17. Instead of 7-10, 11-14, 15-18 like most cruise ships. Therefore my 12 year felt too mature for one and too intimidated for the other where it was mostly older teenagers. The ship advertise ice skating, laser tag. However those activities are only once and twice during the 7 days on a ship of 6100 passengers. So if you don't sign up early you'll miss out. It'll only accommodate the first 100. I'm a foodie and was disappointed somewhat. The chefs must not be American. The Jamaican and Indian food was delicious. However the breakfast food was extremely tasteless. The waffles, pancakes, French toast, omelettes were horrible. So we ate mostly fruit, juice and bread for breakfast. The desserts was the same deal. Presentation was great but tasteless. Exception were the cookies. Lobster night was good. Due to compressor of AC, stateroom occasionally smelled like urine. Room attendant Mike was helpful in trying correct the issue but it kept coming back. Embarking was quick and easy. Times for port arrival and departure were accurate. Surprisedly I felt a lot of shaking and moving on a ship that size. A better theater selection is needed. CATS was horrible. The best show on the ship was Aqua80 which fortunately shows every night. All the other shows were below mediocrity. My room attendant was great despite the room odor. Our room stayed clean and we kept fresh towels, wash cloth throughout the day.

Expected more for the price I paid

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by FranklyGood

Embarking was quick and easy.

Times for port arrival and departure were accurate.

Surprisedly I felt a lot of shaking and moving on a ship that size.

FranklyGood’s Full Rating Summary