3. Carnival Inspiration
I arrived in Los Angeles on Thursday before the cruise. I had never been to the west coast so I wanted to see as much as possible before the cruise. I am in love with LA and probably will not return anytime soon because it a long way from home but it is still a domestic flight with limited food selection and no on board entertainment. I was with a friend and her daughter for the four days and met up with the final member of our party the day before cruising. I had rented a car from Enterprise and was given the option to return the car to Long Island. That was a great decision because after we turned in the car, my party was given a ride to cruise terminal. A five minute ride. This was the second time on the Inspiration, the first time was in March 2010. I fell in love with cruising. Embarkation was easy with no lines or waiting. My assigned time was 1:00 pm but I got there by 12 noon. The food was excellent then and is still good, however I was not happy to pay $20 for lobster and it was given to us free back then. The ship has been refurbished since my first sailing. The old girl looks great for her age. She has balconies, I don't remember if she had them in 2010. There was new tables and chairs in the buffet along with new carpeting. I was in an inside room, M 219 and my friends were in M 251. The room was spacious and easy to get around in. I was on the upper deck the first time with three boys with two to three showers daily was a bit tight. I love the older ships because the rooms are larger. The only area I was not happy with was in the Carnivale dining room. My group of four was seated with eight other people and it was tight. The others were very nice but sometimes my party was not seated next to each other. There was only one other seating of twelve. One couple seated with us, had family members at a table with ten. It was somewhat awkward eating next to a woman who was left handed, I am right. I always love the Motown Show and it did not disappoint. The comedian was good, but the trivia show, I will take a pass. New Year's Eve, my group spent on the Lido deck. My group was given tiara's and horns that were on the dresser the first day of the cruise. In the lounge where they had the trivia, I got 2020 light glasses and light sticks. They were passing out party favors when we got to the Lido deck. Just before midnight champagne was passed out. It was an good party. I absolutely loved Catalina Island. My group and I rented a golf cart to explore the island. I kept the golf cart for about 90 minutes and were given a refund of $23. Our next port was Ensenada Mexico. My group split up and went different ways, one took a tour of the island with a stop at the blow hole, mother and daughter rented a golf cart to explore the city but was chased by dogs, neither was hurt or injured. I took the bus in town for $3 up and a dollar back. I arrived in town around 9 am and everything was closed. There were very few people walking around. I saw several people sleep on the ground. I saw a 7-Eleven and walked into the store to get something to drink. The young girl spoke some English and was very helpful. I spoke some broken Spanish. Around 10 am, shops started opening up. Most of the vendors wanted you to come into their shop. I found some great leather purses. I bargained with the gentlemen and brought two for my daughters. I walked back to the buses and before I actually got to the parking lot, a bus was parked near was I walking and asked if I was going back to the ship. I got on the bus and it was one dollar. Disembarkation was easy and by time our floor was called, finding our luggage was easy. All of us rode the bus back to the airport for $29.99 each person. Overall this was a great cruise. I would definitely go on the Inspiration again if I am in the area.

Second time around

tch912’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D
Spacious cabin with lots of storage. Very clean. The safe now is open and closed with your room key.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Golf Cart Rental
    After walking to two other golf cart rentals, we were finally able to get a cart. Since there are very few cars on the island, driving the cart was easy. We are able to get around the island with several stops in less than two hours, with cost a total of $77.00.
    *When renting you must have a cash deposit of $50 and the rest can be charged to a credit card.
    View All 17 Golf Cart Rental Reviews
  • City Tour
    My friends and I enjoyed the ease of seeing the sites and because we started early were able to do the city tour and the beach tour.
    Loved the Santa Monica Pier.
    View All 43 City Tour Reviews