3. Regal Princess
Family and Friends have bragged about Princess Cruise Lines for years. We received an offer via email that was too big to pass up. My husband and I booked a New Year's Cruise. I am the sole care-giver for an aging parent and the timing on this offer was exactly what I needed. We make the reservations, arrange for care for my Mom and off we went!!! I almost wished we had not spent the money. Princess Cruise really needs to spend some extra funds on the maintenance of the ships in their fleet. We had so many plumbing issues in our cabin, I was never able to take a comfortable shower and/or shave my legs the entire week. Most days my husband had to stay with me so he could operate the nozzle for me. We made the steward aware of the issue, he attempted to fix this himself instead??? Trust me when I tell you, he had other issues to address himself. Our cabin did not appear to have been vacummed. We even purposely left a candy paper on the floor to test this theory. I finally picked it up days later. We had rings left from glasses on the furniture until again, I finally wiped them up. The glasses in the bathroom were never refreshed, or cleaned. The salt spray was never wiped clean so we could enjoy the balcony view, etc etc. Our robes were not delivered to room until Tuesday evening, and that was only after leaving messages at the front desk and with the steward twice. On day 4 we made the front desk aware of the plumbing issue. They did send someone to look at it, but it never repaired the issue. Once the water did start to operate correctly, the drain was so backed up, you were standing in like 2 inches of your own filth at the bottom of the shower stall. It was quite disgusting. It was a full week before I was able to bathe without assistance, shave my legs and feel CLEAN again, unfortunatley that was on shore. There were several other small issues, which would only be a training issue I believe. I asked one of the deck crew for a cup of ice (we had our cups from the Drink Package we purchased), he gave me directions to the nearest pub for me to get the ice myself???? We waited over an hour and a half for a table for table for dinner. We stood for 10 minutes at an outside bar, only to be told by the bartender we had to move around to the other side of the bar (more convenient for him) and then had to wait in THAT line for our turn again....just rude things like this throughout the entire week. We booked one excursion in Jamaica for a horse ride along the beaches where Treasure Island and Papillon were filmed. Then a nature walk through old plantations etc. This "ride" consisted of a tiny circle made by the horses in chest hight water saturated with horse poo and a 10 minute ride around the parking lot...literally. Princess did offer a full refund for this disaster. We were very grateful Although there were MANY negatives, we did find a few bright spots during our week. After the third night with a "shot in the dark" about dinner, we stumbled onto a wonderful team in the Concerto Dining room. Archie and Vermillo were definelty a saving factor for us. There was also a PHENOMINAL employee in the photography Department. Angelica was just what her name implied...Angel! She was able to capture our memories on film and was so very instrumental in assisting us to find our pictures, and arrange a great package to purchase. She was so easy to pose for her, we actually looked for her each evening. I must note that Princess did offer a $100 credit for our issues. But, we spent over $3,000 and several arrangements were made to make this happen for us. Again, we did have a great time...was just disappointed in the concessions we were forced to make to enjoy it.

So Very Disappointed

Debbylaney’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
Please refer to comments above.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins