3. Norwegian Gem
This was my second time on the Gem with a group of friends and my mom. It took a while to get on the ship on embarkation day, but that's only because the Bliss was there too. I've only been on the Gem so far, but I really love this ship. I like the size since it's easy to get around. There are plenty of food options and places to relax. Luz was a very talented cruise director, I was impressed with her singing. However I never saw her around the ship. I was on the Gem a year before for a 12 day cruise and I saw that cruise's director, Lorena, all the time and she even remembered my name and the names of my friends in my group. I'm assuming this year's cruise had a lot going on since it was a shorter trip. The food was good in the buffet. We ate one night at Moderno and it was amazing. Other nights we ate at Grand Pacific and it was pretty ok. Most of the time we just ate in the buffet and the food there was good. The itinerary for the trip was great for the week before Christmas. We spent two days in Florida which allowed us to do multiple things. Great Stirrup Cay was beautiful and so was Nassau. I did end up catching a cold towards the end of the cruise, but this might've been do to the changes in weather. Disembarking was another story. We accidentally got off the ship with the people who were walking off with their luggage. When the lady saw we didn't have our luggage, she was very nasty with us. She yelled at us to get back on the ship, which was impossible. So she made us, along with other people, stand outside in 30 degree weather until our baggage came. This isn't Norwegian's fault, but the port in NYC needs friendlier and more understanding staff.

Another good cruise

CJA77’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA
We had an inside cabin again and I liked it. I was traveling with my mom and somehow the beds were put together. We asked the room steward to separate them and he did it right away. Our room steward Israel was really nice and helpful and fun to talk to. He even brought a bottle of distilled water for my mom's CPAP machine. We even got a free bottle of champagne.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins