Star Princess Cruise Review
1,466 Reviews

Food better at Buffet than seated dining

Star Princess Cruise Review by Bigscreencuisine

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

The cruise was a good value overall but the experience goes downhill when they start to charge $1.50 for a milkshake, spin-class charges, ice cream is given out like it was gold. Ticky tack charges. Carnival has unlimited ice cream and Guy’s burgers on Carnival which is the best. My daughter did not like the heavy sauced foods at seated dinning so I ask for a steak which is standard on Carnival for sit down dinner. When I asked the waiter he gave me a menu with a $25 up charge. Carnival is Supposed to be the lesser ship but in my family’s opinion carnival is the better ship. More stuff to do for kids, better live shows at night and just all-around more fun. All the shows were smutty knowing that children were on board during Christmas vacation. Every show had some sort of innuendo about sex and other non-kid friendly stuff. Crew was great as in all the cruises I have ever been on. The first night we didn’t get to our seated dinner till 530 so we were a half hour late and was chastised by the waiter that we should be there at 5 o’clock but I did not get my bags until 515. Pizza and hotdogs for junkies is the best but all other food is no better than any other cruise line I have been on. We were not able to get off the boat for Kauai because of bad weather. They gave us a apology from the captain and were given $8 per person back. Cheap cheap, you would think they might give something more than $8 port fee returned and a apology. Free photo, drinks, etc.. So hold on to your wallet because Princess will try to pick it! Also stains all over my carpet and the boat looks tired. In between ports the smell of paint as the crew was painting the boat to hide the rust. I would rather have a clean carpet.

Bigscreencuisine's Full Rating Summary

Interior

Dirty carpet! I had to put towels on the floor so I could walk without cringing and seeing the ugly stains.

Ensenada

Got off the boat and bought some Mescale on the pier and went back up to eat lunch. How many times can you go to Husongs Cantina??

City Tour

It's $20 per person within five minutes from the boat you were at a waterfall then they take you to the black sands and the lagoons to see the sea turtles and into the small city of Hilo to shop. The best!!!

View All 21 City Tour Reviews
Honolulu

Over priced excursions. Honolulu very commercialized nice to see Pearl Harbor and Waikiki beach.

Maui

My friend from grammar school lives in Hawaii and we went and saw him. But if he was not there I would still not go on their overpriced excursions.

Bigscreencuisine