3. Explorer of the Seas
This was my 5th cruise with Royal Caribbean, two of which were also Voyager Class ships including the Adventure and Mariner of the Seas. We enjoyed both of those ships as well. THE GOOD: The good definitely outweighed the bad when it comes to the Explorer. The itinerary of this cruise was great - we made stops at the ABC islands and Labadee, Haiti. The excursions that we chose were informative and thorough.For example, in Bonaire we did a glass bottom boat tour which I certainly recommend for those fascinated by marine life! Additionally, we found that we enjoyed the food on this ship more than we had on its sister ship, Adventure. The buffet and the dining room were equal when it came to dinner, with the Windjammer buffet serving some food offerings that were in the dining room, as well as adding extra options such as burgers, hot dogs, mac and cheese, and a salad bar. At dinner for desert it would alternate between a chocolate fountain and a crepe station in addition to the cakes that changed every night. The service that we experienced in both the main dining room and the buffet I think was up there in my list for ships with the best service (and I've been on over twenty something cruises). The staff couldn't be any more pleasant. At the buffet, you didn't need to get up for drinks- the waiters would immediately come to the table and ask you what you wanted. (Complimentary drinks) Dining room service was also very quick as we would usually be in and out within one to two hours. Our inside cabin was how we expected it: small. However, there was ample storage space. THE NEGATIVE: Entertainment was poor. The nightly production shows were boring. There was also a performance by a group of singers that the ship had brought in that I found so incredibly boring that I left in the middle of it. The only good shows were from a magician that was brought in and the one ice skating show. Speaking of the ice skating show, the ship would assign you times based on your muster station that you would be able to see the show. For us it was a nuisance because we were assigned a time of 7 pm which would be for us in the middle of dinner. During the day there was also a lack of activities to do. There were no slides or other cool attractions found on Royal Caribbean ships. The only things to do were really the FlowRider (which always has too many people), the rock climbing wall, mini golf, and shuffle board. Almost everyone I saw on the pool deck had a book in their hands, (including me!) something that I rarely see on big cruise ships. I definitely would recommend bringing a book as well. As much as I love the Solarium on RC, there were not enough seats for everybody, as it was incredibly difficult to get a seat. The only time we managed to get a seat was at 9:30 in the morning when everyone was either asleep or eating breakfast. As for the ship as a whole it definitely is due for renovation and amplification. This will actually be done by May of this year! However, I still highly recommend this ship!

Awesome food and service, but lacking in entertainment

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by airalily22