3. Carnival Legend
We have been on 20 or more cruises with several different cruise lines. I would not recommend this ship to anyone unless you have never been on any ship and have nothing to compare it to. Ship is old and outdated and in much need of repair and upgrading. Food is mediocre at best in MDR. Service in MDR is very good. One of the very few highlights of our trip. On the other hand, the buffet is horrible. Food is cold and bland. Everything is either under cooked or burnt. Coffee is warm not hot. Carnival has a Bacon Nazi now much like the old soup Nazi on Seinfeld. You are not allowed to get you own bacon and if you try the Bacon Nazi will knock it out of the utensil you are using, and just stare at you. I am not kidding folks, this is real. Just ask anyone who has recently taken this ship. He did this to my 21 year old daughter when she unknowingly used the sausage utensil to try a get some bacon while the bacon nazi was guarding something else like the croissants. Oh yea, you cant get them on your own either. You have to ask for them and they are rationed out like the under cooked bacon. One of the craziest things I have ever seen on a cruise ship and by far the worst buffet and service ever. Pizza is just Ok and very slow and unorganized. Sushi restaurant was most always empty and a waste of space. Specialty restaurants were way overpriced and I never saw many people in them. Guys burger joint is by far the best food on the ship but they close every day at 5 pm. Our room was balmy and warm most of the time. Complained three days in a row. Finally someone showed up and told us that the room was at their recommended lowest temperature. It was 85 outside most every day and our room stayed around 76 -78 most of the time the entire week. This is warmer than we like for resting at night and disappointed that we could not decide within reason what temperature we wanted in our room. Apparently you don't have that choice anymore either. Entertainment in Main theater was really bad. We just quit going because it was so awful. Comedians in the comedy club were good but it was so hot in there most shows that people were going back to the bar to get menus to use as a fan. Many complained but all were told that it was just because there were so many people in there. Well DUH, no other good entertainment to see so everyone tried to pack in the comedy club. They should have an AC system big enough to handle the load regardless. Every comedian actually had their own little sweat towel with them when they took to the stage. That should tell you how uncomfortable it was in there for everyone. Casino was very smoky and musky. There were very few winners anywhere. Especially on the slots. Worse slot winning odds I have seen on any ship. Special sales and promotions from the shops were not really all that. Most everything I saw could be bought anywhere in US for cheaper. Candy store was always empty and another waste of space. Cruise director is good and you can tell he knows how to run the show. He is very easy to talk to and would take to time for anyone. The other issues I have mentioned are not his responsibility or under his control. All ports of call were good and no problems getting on or off the ship. Fortunately they seem to have all that down to a science. I would highly recommend looking at other options when shopping for a cruise vacation unless like I said in the beginning, you have nothing to compare it to. As for us we are permanently done with Carnival.

Don't Do it