3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this ship due to Ship size, relatively newer ship and great teen programs. We had to only cruised on Disney cruise ship and we were a little nervous to choose Norwegian Cruise Line because the service on the Disney ships are so great. However in Seattle exceeded our expectations. The ship is beautiful clean and the service was excellent. The bartenders are very attentive however it did usually take a tip or two for them to remember who you are but once they learn who you are they are very friendly. We loved Erin and Michael at the pool bar. This is the busiest part but they were always able to seek us out when we needed something. Our state room attendant Eddie was fabulous. We saw him several times a day and he always asked if there was anything that we needed and if we were having a good time. The specialty dining package is excellent and all the food was top notch. Top choices were duck, veal, lamb, prime rib and filet mignon. Our favorite meal was at Cagney’s steakhouse with EdRed as our server. We also met the head of food and beverage Kuvik who took the time to send us some chocolate covered strawberries to our room complementary. They also decorated our room one night as a nice surprise. The casino was large and had ample games but I wished they had some more current slot machines. The temperature on the ship was always perfect and never too hot and never too cold. The hot tubs and pool temperatures were perfect. The ship was a little bit crowded due to a New Year’s Eve but it never felt that way unless at a large event. Yes it was a little bit smoky around the casino but it wasn’t horrible like some past reviewer‘s say. My kids loved the teen program however I still found it difficult to pull my 15-year-old son away from his phone. Internet was spotty but when we were able to get it to work it was mostly at port days. There were some Internet charges on our account even though we had the unlimited Internet package. It was approximately $40. I tried to go to guest services to get this resolved and they kept telling me to go to the Internet manager. Every time I went to the Internet manager no one was there. I eventually just gave up. We loved the thermal spa. Entertainment seemed quite good but I would’ve preferred a little bit more variety in the entertainers. There seem to be quite a few college football fans that were pretty disappointed that they were able to stream two of the ball games but none of the others. I really wish that Norwegian Cruise line could get ESPN on their package. It was frustrating to be at port and see the screens of two other large ships that had the games on. Overall the escape seems to be a great ship and offer something for everybody. I saw a wide variety of age ranges and people enjoying all of the activities. I would definitely sale on this ship again but being so crowded it will be a while.

Pleasant surprise

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD
Ample space and storage. The cabins are starting to show some wear and tear. Our bedspread had some holes in it one night but was quickly replaced. Eddie room attendant was excellent
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins