3. Carnival Horizon
We're Platinum cruisers on carnival and like to take a New Years cruise every year. We've been on the Breeze and Vista before so we chose the Horizon because it was the newest in that class of ship. I would have to say I wasn't impressed with this latest ship. I think the goal is to cram more people and rooms while sacrificing open areas, pools, jacuzzi's, and most of all food. The Buffet areas in this ship are tiny....and the food is extremely limited in options. I would have to say it was a lower quality than I've ever experienced before in all my sailing....and worse than Golden Corral. Even the pay restaurants were not up to par. If your a big dessert fan....don't choose this one....the only option in the buffet for dessert was cake. There were no cookies, pudding, mousse, jello, or pies.....just cake. The only food option on that entire ship that never disappoints is Guy's burgers, and the Pig and Anchor. Lido deck seems to be getting smaller, with more people to cram in those areas. Pool seemed alot smaller, no jacuzzi's, and half the amount of lounge chairs for sunning. I spent my entire cruise in the back of the ship where that had two jacuzzi's and the pool. Our cabin was good, except for the locaton, we had a cove balcony , 2374 and the noise from upstairs was awful. It would start around 11pm, go to about 3am...then start up again around 6am. Otherwise...the location of the room to everything was great. The new elevator system was not explained in detail, signage upon arrival was minimal and still left cruisers confused. Apparently you choose your floor on the outside lobby....when you get into the elevator...there are no buttons for after thought floor changes. By day 3 everyone understood the process and things ran smoother with elevators. Overall, great trip, but not impressed with the bigger class ships....the lack in decor...food... and ample common area spaces.

Not Impressed

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by kpowerscruiser

kpowerscruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C
Very noisy. Whatever was above our room ....the noise started at 11pm and go till 3am....then start over around 6am.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• ATV Rental
    We did the ATV/Arikok National Park adventure and it was awesome. Had a blast, the staff was great, the ATV ride was incredible. Overall it lasted almost 4 hours. Worth every penny!
    View All 23 ATV Rental Reviews
  • Curacao
    Got off here to walk around. Not much was open because it was new Years Day...but love the overall look and feel of this port. Very clean, quaint eating areas, and nice people. Great stop
    View All 1,285 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Turk
    Grand Turk is always a great stop...we always love it. Not this time. After the hurricanes I guess things became damaged and not replaced. You now have different islanders whom have claimed whatever chairs they wanted....spray painted symbols all over them to designate theirs....and they now charge you $25 or more to rent the chairs. Some of these chairs are torn, ripped, and in bad shape and your going to charge me to use them, NO! More locals going up and down the beach trying to always sell you something. Alot of hair braiders, some carrying buckets of beers, some with a personal cooler trying to sell you water's or gatorade. We even had two men walking in and out of the water with two horses, asking if you wanted to ride. Overall very disappointed with the way this once beautiful stop has turned out.
    View All 2,150 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • La Romana (Casa de Campo)
    Got off the ship to try and find a T-shirt for my daughter. Not very many vendors with those sort of things...we spent only 20 min there and got back on the ship.
    View All 197 La Romana (Casa de Campo) Cruise Port Reviews