3. Harmony of the Seas
We recently sailed on the Harmony of The Seas for the September 22, 2019 through September 29, 2019 itinerary which was scheduled to visit Perfect Day at Coco Cay, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas and Phillipsburg St. Maarten. Our stateroom number was 6542 on the starboard bow. Sailing during hurricane season is a new experience for me and I had some anxiety leading up to the sailing, thinking our cruise may be interrupted due to a storm. I began checking the Royal Caribbean website every day, the week leading up to our cruise. Thankfully, there were no itineraries being affected by the multiple active storms at the time. About midway through the week leading up to our cruise, Tropical Depression Karen caught my attention. I continued to check diligently and to my surprise, there were no itinerary changes. I woke up on September 22nd full of joy and excitement. I couldn’t wait to take my one-year old son on his first Royal Caribbean Cruise. My wife and I are members of the Crown and Anchor Society and have been on our fair share of Royal Caribbean cruises. We were excited to visit St Thomas for the first time and to return to St. Maarten, one of our favorite destinations. I checked the website one more time before we left our house to drive to Port Canaveral. Once again, no itineraries being affected. We boarded the ship, started to explore, and got settled in. At about 4:13 PM the Captain came on the intercom and made the announcement that due to Tropical Storm Karen, we would not be sailing to St. Thomas or St. Maarten and no replacement ports had been chosen yet. I again checked the website and there had been no updates. We didn’t find out until the next day that Costa Maya and Cozumel were picked to replace our original ports. We fully understand the safety of the ships passengers and crew is paramount and Royal Caribbean does not control the weather, but Royal Caribbean can control the way information is disseminated and when it is disseminated. This is where our frustration lies. We would not have booked this cruise with the Mexican ports at all, especially for the price we paid. We do not feel we received the full value of what we purchased. We also would have seriously considered rescheduling or cancelling the cruise, had we known sooner about the change. Unfortunately, the way Royal Caribbean chose to handle this, left us with one choice, which was to stay onboard a ship which was leaving in 15 minutes. According to the International Cruise Passengers Bill of Rights, Cruise passengers have the right to timely information about itinerary adjustments related to mechanical failures or emergencies, and I think the same should apply to itinerary adjustments due to natural phenomena. This was not the case. We are not the type of family that makes decisions based on one bad experience, but we are human and were frustrated about this situation. Our situation only got worse when we tried to reasonably voice our concerns to Royal Caribbean. We were basically told too bad. Up to this point I hadn’t needed to use Royal Caribbean customer service for any issues an I am surely glad because their service is non existent. We did really enjoy the ship itself but our customer experience was atrocious. If I was to chose on service alone, I would never sail again with Royal Caribbean and I wouldn’t recommend anyone else do so either. Speaking on the ship, It was very clean and very easy to navigate. There was a lot of walking and stair climbing involved but we were able to do that with no problem. We ate at Izumi, Johnny Rockets, and Sabor while on board which are additional fee specialty restaurants. Izumi was similar to any hibachi we've eaten at before. Our one complaint with Izumi is they allowed us to book a 5:30 pm reservation and sat us on time but they made us wait until the 6:00 pm reservations showed up before serving us. Johnny Rockets and Sabor were very nice and our food was good at both. We used the kids splash area, which was large and was never crowded. The splash area is split into two sections for kids in diapers and those who are not. The area for kids in diapers was much smaller and most of the water features were too tall/big to play with. I went down both water slides and the Abyss which is a dry slide. All were very fun. We also used the marry go round on the boardwalk almost everyday.

Horrible guest experience, great ship

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by rwilfong082206

Ages Under 3
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D
Our cabin was as expected and was clean.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins