• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Less than stellar but still nice.

Review for Navigator of the Seas to the Bahamas
MedicKenK
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

May I start by saying that I am a big fan of Royal Caribbean and have sailed her many times. This cruise, however, seemed to lack something and I, along with my son"s help, think we have it figured out. Navigator does 4 night cruised out of Miami going to Nassau and Coco Cay. With this in mind the crew and passengers don't seem to have a lot of time to get to know each other and the lack of variety of ports dulls it more for the crew. There was a definite lack of attention and smiles from the crew. They did a great job bt they seemed like robots rather than humans. We went, primarily, for the celebration of New Years Eve. The uncharging started with the "Holiday Fare" schedule. No problem, I expect that. What I didn't expect was uncharging ~ $89 for specialty dining on NYE and charging of $600 for a table at the Pub for the ballon drop. The Royal Promenade was packed so tightly that I don't think I could have fallen down if I tried. Our cabins, Son and I had separate cabins, were Fantastic, HUGE balconies, clean rooms and bathrooms. I saw my room steward every day, my son saw his twice.

Hooked Seafood, first night, was extremely good. Very tasty food, decent service. The rub came at the end of the meal when the server asked for my sea pass. I had booked, and paid for, my dinner before sailing and was under the impression that I could simply include my son as my "buy-one-get-one" meal. The check came back with a 50% charge for him. When I questioned that they said that this was the norm because I booked and paid for the meal in advance. Note to self: DON'T DO THAT ! The others three night we ate in the main dining room and had a good experience every evening.

We did no excursions and, in fact, just wandered into and back out of the two ports as we had both been there in the recent past.

5 Helpful Votes