* Very organised to come on board the cruise
* Cleaners kept the ship super clean, especially the toilets.
* Cabin staff are so polite and very hard working at maintaining a high standard of cabins
* Dessert buffet for New Years Eve was Beyond Amazing with all the ice sculptures.
* Santa coming on the cruise ship and every child received a great present which we weren’t expecting.
* Beautiful Library
* Bathroom amenities in both the cabins and at the wellness centre were fantastic.
Shavers, mouth wash, combs ect were provided.
* Outdoor Pool and Spa were very clean and water was tested every 4hrs.
* Met some really lovely people.
* Entertainment was great with the dancers being an absolute standout along with the vocalist and the violinist was beyond outstanding!!! But, you really need to have a variety of young fresh acts
* The people on the cruise are majority over 75 and we had a lot of run-ins with the elderly as they felt entitled to tell my kids whatever they felt like saying.
They were told not to eat burgers as it will make them fat (mind you they are very fit kids), telling them to move away from their feet, to be quiet while we were at lunch as a family while they were reading a book, not to lean to a bench, and the list just goes on and on!
* If you are not over 75 there really is no activity to do as a young family. The “activities” on board is to attend sampling alcohol at a cost, learn to water paint at a cost, play bridges, attend a choir, play bingo, attend LGBT gathering, build a boat and see who’s can float challenge, all singers/bands and djs only play older songs.
* The alcohol is an absolute rip off at $17 a drink US!! Lots of people were bringing alcohol and soft drinks on board and making it themselves. Lucky we are not drinkers!
* They have 2 seperate kids clubs so my kids had to be separated as they are different ages. The older room is fantastic but, the other room is set up for a baby not for 6-7 year olds.
* Apart from the dancers, vocalist and the Violinist performance who were Outstanding!! The other acts were Average/Boring! All suited for 75+
* Don’t book Excursions through cruise ship as there are many tours on land at a cheaper cost. And they are all available. Great tip from other passengers.
* To change Australian money to NZ money on board you have to change it to US first and then to NZ! Wellington take Australian money but, you can also use your card and there are plenty of places to exchange money on land.
* We were told by other passengers that we didn’t have to pay the $800 US TIP that they automatically put on our statement. We removed it and paid tips to the staff that worked so hard at the end of our cruise.
* To use the “hydro spa and sauna” was extra cost at $35 a day US or $280US for 14 days. Other cruise liners are for free.
* We weren’t told that there was 1 free yoga class to attend.
* Witnessed so many passengers swear at staff that didn’t need to be spoken to in that manner. Lots of stuck up snobs on this cruise! But, met lovely people too!
* Security - My 8 year old child scanned my card to get off ship and they let him through and I asked how did you let him through when it has my picture??? They apologised and re-scanned his card.
*NO BIG SCREEN OUTSIDE
Way too small compared to other ships. For a family of 4 there wasn’t much room. The desk was already taken with a tray full of stuff to make tea/coffee and kettle. Not enough hangers. Bathroom amenities were great!