MSC Grandiosa Cruise Review

Great ship-problem with the entertainment

MSC Grandiosa Cruise Review by Ariadni88

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

We board on the brand new MSC Grandiosa on November the 23th. We've been on two more cruises with MSC, both on MSC Preziosa and we loved the experience. I've never thought I'll give a 4star review on a cruise, but there are some things that MSC needs to know, and I hope very much that they read those reviews.

First of all, the embarkation and disembarkation was perfect as always, very fast and easy, It took us 20' tops to get in the ship.

The cabin (deck 9, fantastica balcony cabin) is great smaller than MSC Preziosa. I guess they got the cabins smaller so they can have more of them. That does not mean that the cabin was not comfortable, but it lacked a bigger closet. Zoe is not working most of the times, it's a pitty to have it there, just remove it and save us from the trouble to speaking in something that always reply ''please can you repeat your question''.

The staff is great and always have been. Especially the waitors and the people cleaning our rooms are always smilling and they are so polite that it kills me to see people behaving badly to them. I believe that the company should also protect the ladies workers from creepy old men that trying to make a move. Our waitor, Jean from Madagascar was an excellent example of what a great waitor is: polite, smilling, always remembering what we have ordered. We loved him and we thank him for making this experience great for us.

The food is great. It is better that MSC Preziosa. I loved everything in the Purple Crab restaurant and also in the buffet. People saying that the food is no good...I dont know where you got that, but there is something for every taste. Pizza, pasta, burgers, hot dogs, thai food, indian food, chesses and hams, salads, breads, healthy options, options for vegetarian, everything was there!

The new system with the elevators turned out to be amazing. We never had to wait for one.

We got one shore excursion in Italy and we thought it was great. The leading lady really did her job absolutely amazing. We were in a group of Italian and English speaking. There was a group of French people too, and they keeped pressuring her to speak to them in french. Although she tried to explain a lot of times, they still insisted. She did not gave in, she still answered a few qyestions in french, but not speaking to them and explaining (she knew very well french). This is what a professional looks like. Last year, to a terrible excursion in Malaga, we also picked a German English group and our tour guy decided it was a great idea to speak in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese! He totally ruined our excursions.

The design of the ship... Well I know that MSC is very proud of it, and it is a great ship but my dislikes and one of the reasons that I am putting a 4star review were:

1. The buffet. I hated the colors that they picked for the buffet. The buffet seemed very clistophobic and dark. The Aztec in MSC Preziosa is very bright and sunny and we were dissapointed. Especially the part in the back side of the ship is awful, you think you are eating in a factory.

2. What is going all with all the shops?? I know MSC is winning money but really, we dont need 1000 boutiques. You should have more public spaces as bars and lounges.

3. The ''main'' bar. Oh Safari Lounge, how I have missed you.... You can not have a bar named main bar when there are sheats for 50 people there. Cut 2 boutiques and make your main lounge bigger so people can enjoy the entairtaining at the (for which you need a reservation) night.

The entertainment. Where do I start...? First of all, the theatre shows . WHO is designing these shows?? Cause they were are medium to horrible. The dancers and singers are absolutely great, the shows themselves were not. Even the italian night....in an italian ship...no! Not good.

The entertainers in the rest of the ship...also not great. Most of the times they were talking to themselves and dancing with one another. I dont want them to pressure me, but there were people that wanted to dance and they didnt seem to care.

The parties though, were great! Great job, the 80s party was amazing, the entertainers did a great job there, you absolutely killed it MSC. One of the best parties I have ever been.

But the biggest problem of all, mine and lots of the other passengers that I ve talked with, were the screaming children and babies everywhere. I get that you dont want to parent in your vacations. So, either leave your kid home, other hire a nanny to take care of it. But when I am trying to eat in the fancy restaurant, and a 3 year old next to me is watching Pepa the Pig, and everybody listens to this songs, I am sorry I have a big problem. In the theaters, babies and small children should not be allowed. It is not a place for a baby! They get bored, they scream and they are ruining everybodys show. Also, in the bars. I cannot tell you how many times I couldnt find a seat because the couches had sleeping babies on them. MSC, you cannot fix the parenting out there, and frankly this is not your job. But put restrictions to where, and what times, babies and kids are allowed. Not in the theatre (from an age down) not in the bars after midnight. You have no idea how many people were having a problem with that, even people with their kids (who they were actually taking care of).

Ariadni88's Full Rating Summary