3. Costa Luminosa
This was our 56th cruise, I decided to experience the Italian cruise, my husband and I were born in Italy and live in the US. Requested handicap cabin when we booked 4 months before departing. My husband had 2 strokes. We were assigned a regular balcony cabin and I was not able to change it. We never received our luggage in the cabin, they had confiscated it and labeled it alcohol, well it was my lotion bottle. Coffee and/ or breakfast in the cabin had a $5 charge per person(free on all other cruises). At the restaurant, we had to purchase a water package, water was not included. Gratuities were labeled as Service charges and were mandatory. Our waiters were awful, it was very warm on the ship. We had major issues in our toilet, and were without water several times. 90% of the passengers we spoke to were experiencing issues. New Years Eve was disorganized, they did not offer passengers any complimentary champagne or hats, like other ships, you had to purchase them. We ended up brining in the new year with a glass of water from the buffet, since it was impossible to purchase anything due to the lines ate the bar.The staff at the customer relations desk was uncaring and did not attempt to understand the situation we were in, Nobody attempted to make it right. The only passengers that received attention, were the ones that purchased a suite. We will never cruise on Costa again.

Worst cruise

Marcella60’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Luminosa price drops

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC
Cabin size was ok, but we experienced issues with our toilet overflowing and tremendous noise when flushing, water was turned off several times.
Avorio Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins