• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Marcella60
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Balcony Classic

This was our 56th cruise, I decided to experience the Italian cruise, my husband and I were born in Italy and live in the US. Requested handicap cabin when we booked 4 months before departing. My husband had 2 strokes. We were assigned a regular balcony cabin and I was not able to change it. We never received our luggage in the cabin, they had confiscated it and labeled it alcohol, well it was my lotion bottle. Coffee and/ or breakfast in the cabin had a $5 charge per person(free on all other cruises). At the restaurant, we had to purchase a water package, water was not included. Gratuities were labeled as Service charges and were mandatory. Our waiters were awful, it was very warm on the ship. We had major issues in our toilet, and were without water several times. 90% of the passengers we spoke to were experiencing issues. New Years Eve was disorganized, they did not offer passengers any complimentary champagne or hats, like other ships, you had to purchase them. We ended up brining in the new year with a glass of water from the buffet, since it was impossible to purchase anything due to the lines ate the bar.The staff at the customer relations desk was uncaring and did not attempt to understand the situation we were in, Nobody attempted to make it right. The only passengers that received attention, were the ones that purchased a suite. We will never cruise on Costa again.

Balcony Classic

Cabin size was ok, but we experienced issues with our toilet overflowing and tremendous noise when flushing, water was turned off several times.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Very congested, it took 90 minutes to get out of garage and pick up my husband that is on a wheelchair and was waiting for me.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

We only stayed around the pool, umbrellas for shade were at a charge.

Grand Turk

This Port is not handicap accessible, there were no sand wheelchair and no one around to help, we asked several security staff and they just smiled.

Key West

We had been here many times, walked around ,shopped.

3 Helpful Votes