This is by far the worst cruise line I have ever sailed with. It was like travelling on a free holiday where you have to go to a few lectures about time share apartments and be sold the whole story about buying into it, except that this holiday wasn't free and you couldn't get away from it. I wasn't alone in my thinking either as there were so many agreived passengers on board that it was ridiculous. Managers would come around the tables in the evening trying to persuade you to go to the specialist restaurants on board - extra cost. Food at the standard restaurant was mediocre - same things over and over. This was I assume to make you want to cave in and go to the Specialist restaurants. If you've ever been on a Cunard cruise you will realise that it doesn't have to be like this to get decent food on board included. Waiters always offered you bottled water - pay more. After dinner 'would you like a cappuccino'- pay more. (Standard coffee was free). This takes us on to the other annoying thing. There was almost nothing to do on board. The quality of entertainment was poor. The first performer summed it up, advertised as America's best unknown comedian and talks during the day were almost 100% biased towards selling something - come and learn about dancing diamonds - oh now we have a 60% sale on. How irritating! During the trip I wanted 3 shirts laundered - oh yes sir we have a package for laundry. Let's see, unlimited laundry on 16 day cruise that's over $100. But I only wanted 3 shirts done.... A lady wanted a lipstick -, sorry mam we only sell them in packs of 3 - $100 'Next destination' talks were only held once on the main stage area which was small and held around a third of the passengers who, naturally all wanted to go. Films shown in the theatre were only held once in a small theatre. We decided to go to learn the Tango - held on a tiny dance floor of one of the bars. About 30 wanted to go but it was so ridiculous that we gave up. I could go on and on.

Welcome On Board, Now Pay More

Zaandam Cruise Review by pathumphrys

Waiters always offered you bottled water - pay more.

A lady wanted a lipstick -, sorry mam we only sell them in packs of 3 - $100