We chose this cruise because it fitted in with the dates of our round the world itinerary and it was an opportunity to visit ports we've never been to before. We were a little surprised that this company charges approximately 1/3 more than previous cruises we've taken in similar categories but, we were constantly assured by all the advertising before travelling, that it was "the finest cuisine afloat", hence the premium price. Well, apart from the speciality restaurants, this was certainly not the case. The food was no better than other cruises we've been on... and the distinct lack of Vegetarian options in the Terrace restaurants was a huge shock to me. Despite talking to many of the staff about this, I receive no satisfactory answer or resolution. The standard of the entertainment on board was way below par. But that wouldn't have mattered so much to us if we'd been able to do what we normally do on board... i.e. have dinner and then spend an hour or so in a bar with music to dance to. The only place on board where 'apparently' we could do this was at the front top deck of the ship and it didn't start till 10.30pm. and given shore excursions were brutally early, that was a little late for us... and I hasten to add... the majority of passengers on this cruise. As regards having a little nightcap... we had mistakenly opted for shore excursion packages instead of the drinks package and found the price of drinks on board, exorbitant... not only that, they add gratuities to everything... despite having boasted "gratuities have been included for your convenience!!" And, despite being discouraged to book our own shore excursions, it would have been a far better option. Our Concierge was disinterested in my concerns about lack of Vegetarian options... barely looked up from her laptop when I spoke to her... so we only went in there once. I am in my late 60s and I have been cruising since I was 19 (when I actually worked for P&O) and I can say with hand on heart, that this company is the worst I have ever travelled with... we actually felt quite conned. This company is trying to convince passengers that it is on a par with the other companies with smaller ships - e.g. Silversea, Azamara but that is so far from the truth it would be laughable if it wasn't so insulting. Finally, I sent a full report of our experiences to Oceania 3 months ago and I am still waiting for a response... since they haven't bothered to reply, I feel quite justified in warning as many people as possible. PS) our Cabin steward was excellent

Bitterly disappointed

Marina Cruise Review by Jeannie Gee

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

PS) our Cabin steward was excellent
Jeannie Gee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Concierge Level
Cabin A1
For the price, we felt our cabin was very small.
Deck 12 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins