3. Golden Princess
We went on this cruise during our 2 weeks holiday season (Christmas and new year) and wished for a relaxing holiday as anyone else would. I booked a mini-suite to ensure the experience for family with 3yr old is exceptional, and uneventfull. First few days were good - just getting used to things as first time cruisers. I noticed that even though it was a christmas/new year cruise - activities/entertainment were toned towards 50+ audience (no disrespect) with few kids activities. Kids activity center (like a childcare where you could leave your kids for couple of hours) was poorly managed, rude/arrogant staff, careless even when parents were around. So, i believe these are not trained childcare staff. I also noticed lot of them rotated to security duties etc at times. This meant, we couldnt leave our child their. Speaking to other parents - feedback was quite similar. Food/Dining/Buffet - I would say was good and had considerable variety to choose from. Kids also very not left disappointed. Cabin - We booked a mini-suite and very happy with the room and steward who assisted us everyday. Entertainment - Not much for kids. Music was mostly 1970-1980's style. Production shows very great but our little one didnt allow us to go in all. Room service/Dining room service - These were pretty good and all were smiling and happy going staff. Happy with that. Customer service - Worst i have ever experienced. Reason for our disappointment was nature/attitude of the guest services staff. Because we didnt wanted to continue on a boring cruise, we decided to disembark in Auckland and catch a flight back to Melbourne. (i was fine with bearing all expenses for that) I discussed this with guest services personal and he told me "you have time till 8:30am on the day of disembarkment to make that call" and will get enough time to disembark (1pm). We made the call and confirmed this back to another lady on the desk at 8:15am disembarking day, and she said you have 20mins to pack (5 bags) and will not get any assistance to take bags down to the ship floor and down to the port. When we asked for 15more minutes as we have a child, her response was "hurry up". So, we decided not to go. Lateron - 15mins later another guys said you can go and have time till 9am. Conflicting information from different people confused the hell out of us, and the stress of not being able to make it on time made us sick. Anyways, we couldnt disemnbark and wasted 3 days of our holiday in the ship. I complained to supervisor who took 24hrs and 3 reminders to even talk to me. Was very apologetic but no action was taken. No compensation was given and kept offering me a bottle of wine. My complaint was not documented on their system (so their seniors wouldnt know). I requested to speak to General Manager and someone else called me (Experience Director), another officer who had no powers to do anything except being sorry. Customer experience onboard must be top priority for every crew member (ofcourse after safety) and every customer needs to be treated equally and respectfully. These guys only cared about frequent passengers forgetting the fact that they are loosing an opportunity with a young family who has potential to cruise perhaps every year. i can confidently say that 40% of the total staff very rude and perhaps tired of their long shifts. I will not be wasting any of my hard earned money on princess anymore unless i see proper action to my complaints. I have given feedback and will write to princess headoffice to see action. And i will cruise again but princess probably not.

Disappointing first family cruise.

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Aneesh374

Kids also very not left disappointed.

Customer service - Worst i have ever experienced.

Aneesh374’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Golden Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD
Cabin was pretty good, clean and as we expected.
Creaky sound on few nights during turbulence but wasnt too bad.
Bathroom quality could be improved for a mini-suite standards.
Steward we had was good/caring too.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins