3. Norwegian Breakaway
We chose the Breakaway for a group of four families (19 of us in total, including teens and young adults) because it fit in our families' schedules. It was a treat to spend New Year's Eve on such a great ship. I read a lot of negative reviews during the time leading up to our cruise and became a little nervous about what we might experience. As a group, we were very pleased with the level of service we received and didn't see any evidence of the negative comments others had posted. I have a nut allergy and received excellent attention from the Assistant Maitre D', Marliza. There was an erroneous charge on our account the first night and it was promptly handled by Evidente at Financial Services. The service staff worked really, really hard all week since the cruise was filled to capacity. Despite such demands, we didn't ever feel like we waited an unreasonable amount of time for anything. If a particular bar was swamped, we simply went to another. The food was delicious, although my young adult son wished the portions were bigger. I wish there was something that could be done about the lack of lounge chairs available on sea days, but that is an on-going issue for every cruise line, I hear. Both embarkation and disembarkation went well enough. The tendering process was rather confusing despite an attempt to group people by time slots. The show 'Six' was absolutely fantastic! This is a very high quality show with excellent performers/musicians. 'Burn the Floor' was also very enjoyable. There is so much talent evident in these productions. I highly recommend them. Our favorite nighttime hangout was Syd Norman's Pour House because the band that plays there is excellent. They perform classic rock and do it well. The instrumentalists and the vocalists are really good. I wish the venue was bigger. Every night that we went was jam-packed. The wait staff couldn't circulate and most people had to stand. That is evidence that the band is of a high caliber. My husband and I bought the spa passes so we could use the Thermal Suite for the week. It was a lovely, tranquil oasis from the crowds. We think, however, that the one on the Gem was better laid out. Others might think differently. In another comparison to the Gem, there was a lot more storage/drawer space in our stateroom on the Gem. Our inside cabin on the Breakaway, though, was functional and the bathroom was a good size. It was a great trip full of memory-making for our four families.

Great service

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Twinkletoe

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

It was a great trip full of memory-making for our four families.
Twinkletoe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID
Perfectly functional cabin with a surprisingly large bathroom. We had more drawers and storage space on the Gem, but there was nothing wrong with this cabin. It was very quiet since were at the very end of the aft hallway.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins