• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Costa Luminosa Review

Editor Rating

Hope this wasn’t your first cruise experience.

Review for Costa Luminosa to the Caribbean
Frenchy54
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Balcony Premium

This cruise was chosen by someone else so we could go on a New Year’s cruise. First I must say that this was my fifteenth cruise but first (and last) cruise on Costa. I cannot find many positives to say about this experience. Our cabin was spacious with lots of storage. However the mattress was hard and the pillow was thin and small. TV was small and outdated and there were three channels in English, two of which only came in black and white and with frequent loss of signal.

The food was aweful in the main dining room. Most meals were frozen and the portions were small. The food choices were better in the buffet. I have to admit though the pastries served at breakfast were very good.

We purchased the drink package and I was drinking Crown Royal. Well at some bars they didn’t carry it. Also my wife likes Cosmos. Well some bars didn’t have cranberry juice. Also you couldn’t get a drink at dinner.

Balcony Premium

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Easy to get to port. Only problem was late embarkation. 11:00 pm.

Nassau

Have been to Nassau many times. Chose to remain on ship.

Grand Turk

Went to beautiful beach near port. Had a wonderful day there. Water was crystal clear. People were very friendly and helpful.

Key West

We rented a golf cart for the day and drove to Hemmingway’s House and then went to The Soking Tuna for lunch. Very very good!

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Carnival did a beautiful job constructing this port with nice shops and a very nice resort style pool and restaurant. Would love to go back.

Find a Costa Luminosa Cruise from $1,299