3. Costa Luminosa
This cruise was chosen by someone else so we could go on a New Year’s cruise. First I must say that this was my fifteenth cruise but first (and last) cruise on Costa. I cannot find many positives to say about this experience. Our cabin was spacious with lots of storage. However the mattress was hard and the pillow was thin and small. TV was small and outdated and there were three channels in English, two of which only came in black and white and with frequent loss of signal. The food was aweful in the main dining room. Most meals were frozen and the portions were small. The food choices were better in the buffet. I have to admit though the pastries served at breakfast were very good. We purchased the drink package and I was drinking Crown Royal. Well at some bars they didn’t carry it. Also my wife likes Cosmos. Well some bars didn’t have cranberry juice. Also you couldn’t get a drink at dinner. Entertainment to me seemed like I was at a high school production. However the acrobatic show was fantastic. The two islands that I had never visited before, Grand Turks & Caicos and Amber Cove in Dominican Republic were great. Finally, a couple more issues. Our ship did not depart Ft. Lauderdale until 11:00 pm. The muster drill was at 8:00 pm. Some of the passengers did not know this. So we had to wait for them and then the drill was broadcast in four different languages. The whole fiasco lasted nearly an hour. Secondly we had to go through customs when we arrived in Key West. The day before, we were instructed to go to a piano bar to obtain passes so we could be called to go through customs the next day on the ship. Well 1/2 hour early and about fifty people showed up when the Costa staffer came in with the passes. Then all the passengers bull rushed up for passes and it quickly became a royal s#@tshow! Never again I am afraid.

Hope this wasn’t your first cruise experience.

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by Frenchy54