3. Caribbean Princess
December 20, 2019 1) Entry to ship using Medallion App was great. 2) At 3:30 PM, Muster Station was a disaster. No organization. I was asked to sit on the floor at 70 years old! No one knew where to go. No seating for older people who could hardly stand or walk. Took too long to review from the time of arrival to the time of end. 3) At Palm Dining Room, we were charged for drinks but we have a premium drink package. They charged us for Perrier water we requested at our table. 4) At the Wine Bar, the drinks offered up to $12 were not listed. Only a few red wines listed at $11 and the rest were $ 13 or $16. Obviously, the wine list was not updated. In fact, we could not get any of the wines we requested because the wine bar did not have them for the entire trip! 5) As Platinum members, we never received the special menu for the captain’s circle appetizers. We found out about it at dinner the fourth night from the neighbor who was Platinum as well. He received the invitation, but we did not! December 21, 2019 – December 24, 2019 6) I had to wait 25 minutes to get any service, so I got up to get my own drink. 7) Every day from the 21st to the 24th during lunch, I could not get Ice for my ice tea in the Horizon Dining Room because I was told “There are too many people on the ship to keep the ice”. I asked why this waiter could not get some ice and he said to me “Welcome Aboard” . I reported him. I then had to walk outside to the bar to request ice for ice tea! Wow! In 6 other trips on Princess, I never had to get my own ice or tea! 8) My husband spoke to the Food and Beverage Assistant Director personally after Bingo was over on the 22nd of December about the problems to get Chianti or any other red wine of choice at any of the bars. He listened attentively, and was going to bring Chianti to all the bars we go to and he also wanted to send a bottle to our room. Later that day, we went to our room, and there was a GLASS of wine sitting on the table. No note, nothing. My husband called it in to the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage to find out what happened? After dinner, there was bottle in our room, no wine glasses, no opener! What’s up with that? Are we supposed to use our teeth to open the bottle, and drink out of the bottle? I have always felt that Princess is well above the other cruise lines in quality and service. But this proves me wrong! December 23, 2019 9) We ate in Palm Dining and my husband ordered the Stuffed Trout for dinner. When it arrived, it was a bright pink fish, not the taste of trout, but salmon. The day before he ordered sautéed vegetables, but they came Fried. So there is obviously a problem with the menu that is given in the dining room. My husband asked to speak to Peter, the manager in the dining room about the fish, and he argued with my husband, told him that this fish is a trout from the Pacific Ocean because he googled it and tried to show my husband in front of all the customers which was a definite confrontation and embarrassment to my husband. From that day forward, we never ate in the Palm Dining Room again. Customers should come first and should not be humiliated in front of other customers. 10) We did not know anything about the Wine Packages offered in the dining room. There is nothing offered on the website, and only the Wine Bar Attendant knew about it and told us about it. That is sad! We are big wine drinkers! I was disappointed. December 24th, 2019 11) We took a Princess Excursion to the beach in Antigua. We were herded like cattle on the dock without regard to the heat or sun. Then we boarded a van that took us to Mystic Beach which was a total disaster! People were falling into big holes in the water and could not get out. We helped many of the customers. The person who runs the bar was awful, mean, and plain nasty to the customers. We left on our own after 1 hour because we couldn’t stand it any longer. Princess needs to go on these tours prior to allowing the 3rd party vendors to make sure they are safe for the customers. As a result of this trip, we returned to the ship and cancelled all the other excursions we booked. From now on we will get off the ship and book from the outside. December 25th, 2019 (2nd Formal) 12) Crown Grill was amazing! Best food, best service! 13) The Photo Team is also amazing! We purchased the Photo Package, and I can tell you 100% that the team members are professional, they know how to take great photos, and JP from South Africa is the best one. Every photo he took was perfect! 14) We received an invitation for Sabitini Grill due to our Anniversary so we made reservations for the 28th of December. We appreciated the invitation. December 26th, 2019 15) We finally got a call from the manager of the Coral Dining Room who apologized for the incident with Peter over the trout, and told us to come to his dining room anytime. On the same day we went to dinner there, and said he would come over and check with us. He saw us, and never once came by. He was rude too! So we never went to that dining room either! 16) We reported many situations on a form and gave it to Customer Service Desk and requested answers to the comments. One concern was after looking at the history of charges on the Medallion App, we were billed for 3 drinks at the bar when only 2 were ordered. Naturally, we don’t pay for them, however, someone got a drink on our package. That was a concern to us. That is FRAUD! We waited 3 more days before Misa, from Customer Service called to let us know that we would not be charged for the extra drink. We already knew that. He never told us what happened with the extra bill and who did it? He just wanted to get the problem over without telling us what really happened. January 1, 2020 17) We received 2 plates of 8 chocolate covered strawberries in our room after dinner and we have no idea who sent them or for what? We could not eat that many! It was such a terrible waste of such a delicious item, but way too much! The communication needs to improve so that we know what is going on and there is no double orders. 18) Another issue was the Medallion app. In the Casino, the bar waiters told us we had to order from the app. The beverage manager told us if we order from the app, we get charged! Other bar waiters told us that you don’t get charged. No one really knows how to deal with the app. There were too many new employees under training on this cruise. We felt like we were Guinea Pigs on this cruise. 19) The quality of the food has really deteriorated. Princess always had fresh mashed potatoes. Now they are using Instant Mashed Potatoes, and it tastes like school lunch food! There is not enough variety of foods. For example, we don’t eat Pork and many nights only Pork was the main meat for many dishes. 20) We spent $5000.00 in the Casino. We received an offer but we cannot use it because both of us are teachers and work on a school schedule. This is the 2nd time we have been given an offer we cannot use. It is a sad situation. Why can’t the offer be used on a schedule for an upcoming cruise? We have just booked Alaska for June 6, 14 days. Why cant the casino put the offer on that cruise. The purpose is to spend more money and reward those that do spend. We are not getting the reward we deserve. In reviewing all of this, you can see how much we did not enjoy this trip. We work all year long and look forward to having a relaxing, trouble fee, and wonderful vacation which cost us over $6000.00 without Casino expenses. And to not have this wonderful, relaxing vacation at such a price makes us now think twice about moving away from Princess Cruises. We felt angry and disappointed the entire trip. We were not the only ones either! I don’t know if any other customers will send you a letter like this one, but I sure hope they do. You need to do something about this or you will lose your customers of years to other Cruise Lines. Now we are looking into Celebrity Cruise Lines for next year.

Very Disappointed!!!

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by hany63

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
December 20, 2019

1) Entry to ship using Medallion App was great.

December 21, 2019 – December 24, 2019

December 23, 2019

December 24th, 2019

December 25th, 2019 (2nd Formal)

12) Crown Grill was amazing! Best food, best service!

December 26th, 2019

January 1, 2020

hany63’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
This ship is old and it looks old when compared to the newer ships. It really needs modernization and remodeling ASAP.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins