I am a 5 star Mariner and have more than 20 cruises on Holland America This cruise was the pits and our last on Hal.There were Minimal activities or lectures on board .The standard of the food was dismal compare to the cruise I did on the Noordam three years ago which I rated 10 -this Cruise I would rate a 1.The standard of the entertainment was dismal except for the on-board Singers and dancers. Our room stewards were fantastic as was our dining steward but in the dining room instead 2 we only had one waiter and the wait time between courses as result was our hour and a half .As a result we ate mailing in the lido .The overall experience was terrible We hardly ever saw the cruise director,there were no competitions organised. There were no barbecues on board New Year’s Eve was dismal.The new photographic policy whereby one pays $19.90 purely to get a photographic image on one’s phone money grabbing.The laundry policy has suddenly changed for the Neptune suites with no laundry allowed on the last day.I will never again cruise on Holland America. I was lied to at the on-board shopping watch store where I was quoted $256 for so-called 70% reduced price on the watch which was advertised at Macy’s at $202 .For the price for Neptune suite I would much rather travel on crystal line or Cunard.

Noordam 21 Dec 2019 auckland to Sydney