3. Carnival Inspiration
We have taken many cruises but this was our first time on carnival. I would like to summarize my families pros and cons in hopes of helping others. 1. Boarding in Long Beach- was easy, took an Uber to the port, was dropped off right near the entrance and was even able to board early. We had a noon board time and we were on board by 11am. 2. The rooms- felt much smaller than NCL, RCCL and disney. 4 of us in a room. 1 king size bed and one set of bunk beds, one bunk is on the floor and one comes from the wall. Once the bunkbeds are open you are unable to walk around the king size bed. I had to climb over my husband to get to the bathroom. Window was dirty and hard to see out of. 3. Housekeeping- Once we boarded we were asked if we wouldn’t housekeeping in the morning or at night, you could only pick One. So this meant the bunk beds were always down and left little room to actually walk around in the room. 4. Bathroom was a nice size, when you flushed the toilet it flushed either once or three times. There is a safe in the room, You just need a card with a strip on the back to be able to open and lock the safe. I used my sail card. 5. Only one outlet in the whole room. We brought a power strip. 6. Walls are thin, we brought a sound machine . 7. Catalina island- tender was rough, didn’t take long. Island was nice, not a lot to do. We rented golf carts. First golf cart company was cash only, $50 per hour. Another block down the street another company took credit card for the first hour and cash for the second hour(50$ per hour) so if you are going to do this you will need cash. If you take the cart for only one hour and return it within that hour they will give you your $50 cash back. We took the full two hours and got to see the entire island. I believe kids under 5 are required to have a car seat. They do provide a map. We took bottled water with us. When we board the ship the odor of garbage was overwhelming wheels waiting to get through security. 8. Ensenada- got off the boat and took the four dollar bus to “downtown”. This was only about a mile from the ship. Once off the bus they offered to sell us discounted excursion tickets. We opted to walk around down town and were hassled by store workers every 4 feet. Some even sent small children, poorly dressed and with no shoes on to try and sell us items. Very sad. The offered my husband drugs, women and guns. We went back to the downtown shuttle and it took us back to the boat. The 4$ was roundtrip. 8. Many times while walking around the different floors of the ship you could smell sewage. Especially near the steps and elevators. Last sea day was very rough, many people throwing up on the floor. 9. Main dining room we had early seating and had Z as our waiter. He was awesome!! 10. Third night on the ship i ordered a glass of wine during the theater show. After the show when the lights came up I saw my wine glass was covered in lipstick marks, I don’t wear lipstick. Took the glass to customer service where the representative called the bar manager. Ryan Martin, he was less than helpful and angry that the desk clerk called him down to speak to me. He said there was nothing he could do. Disembarkation was easy and we paid 34$ to Uber To lax.

Carnival inspiration

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by pamommy

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

2. The rooms- felt much smaller than NCL,

RCCL and disney. 4 of us in a room.

3. Housekeeping-

5. Only one outlet in the whole room.

We brought a power strip.

6. Walls are thin, we brought a sound machine .

Last sea day was very rough, many people throwing up on the floor.

Disembarkation was easy and we paid 34$ to Uber