3. Disney Magic
Overall the cruise was great, a few improvements could be made, I'll get to that later. Disney truly goes above and beyond with customer service! It was my granddaughter's first cruise and her first trip out of Canada without her mother (my daughter) due to severe food allergies. To put things in context, she's unable to have restaurant or take-out experiences back home for fear of cross-contamination and a trip to the ER. This is where Dumitri comes in, who made the entire trip magical for us. He convinced me the first time we sat down for a meal that Disney does understand food allergies and takes them very seriously. Due to his diligence, attention to detail, and overall desire to make this an incredible experience, my 6 year old granddaughter was able to eat every meal without fear of becoming sick. She was so impressed that she's decided we should either move onto the ship or we should take Dumitru home with us! Thank you Dumitru; as a result of your dedication, this will be the first of many trips with the Disney brand. Items that could use improvement: 1) My granddaughter and I were disappointed the Disney characters weren't more available/accessible to kids. If you wanted to see any of them, you had to line-up at designated times and areas...which meant the line-ups were long. I've gone to Disney World a few times and I was expecting characters to be walking around on the ship for kids to interact with. 2) The waiting time to be served in the restaurants was way too long for kids. I thought the wait was due to our particular situation with food allergies, but when I spoke to other families on board, they expressed the same comment.

Thank God for Dumitru Cabut!

Disney Magic Cruise Review by Camille Vezina

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

Items that could use improvement:

Camille Vezina’s Full Rating Summary