• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Interior
Traveled with children

First of all , let me start by saying that I have taken multiple new years cruise with carnival and other cruise line. My first impression was a worn down destroyed ship that needed a lot of work, but never thought that I would experience a horrible sewage smell throughout the floor where my cabin was at all times!! (7th floor). My cabin was kept clean by my stateroom steward , WIRAT, VERY ATTENTIVE AND NICE. BUT TOWELS are OLD AND NEED TO BE THROWN OUT!!! My dinner experiences was nothing to brag about. Poor food selection but great service. Overall, the staff in the carnival sensation ship are wonderful, too bad the ship is in such a bad condition. There was rust and what appears as holes from the bottom part of the ship that I saw during debarkation . The ship should have not be allowed to leave the port under those conditions!! The tours offered by the cruise are good with the exception that you can not listen to the tour guide when there's a recommendation for local food and stores. Since it appears they take you where they might get a commission and no regards if the food is good or not. I would continue cruising but not sure if will ever go again on a carnival cruise due to my experience and definitely not on carnival sensation!!!

Interior

Clean towels but very old , dirty carpet, but great steward service and clean blankets

4 Helpful Votes