3. Norwegian Escape
This cruise was chosen for a 40th birthday as well as new year's, let's just say there was very little celebrating. The pros - cagneys is great, best food and a great steak. Rooms are average for a cruise, and it didn't seem overly crowded. The cons - staff was rigid, many complain about how they are treated by officers and worried they will be sent home. Some work 14 hour days 6 days a week (yes their choice I know). Food was TERRIBLE. Let me emphasize this. Day 1 had some sushi, 1 bite and something was off. Dinner at Taste, a lukewarm dish rag steak with enough gristle to bungee off the ship. No one could understand why I wouldn't eat it. Breakfast and lunch options are there but again, the quality of the food is just pitiful. I'd expect more for a cruise we paid 3x the amount to go on since it was new years The pools are nice but same goes for all, good luck finding a chair. Spice is good to relax during the day. Spa service is good with the normal upcharges offered. Entertainment is interesting, there were some shows we didn't see. I found it interesting the movie of the glow party that was shown showed many people, when we went up to the deck, maybe 50. This is my 6th cruise and 2nd on Norwegian (harmony was the 1st), and I can honestly say, I will never be back on this ship.

Probably one of the worst

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Valkrye79

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom

Spa service is good with the normal upcharges offered.

Valkrye79’s Full Rating Summary