3. Costa Fortuna
Costa Fortuna December 17-30, 2019 Singapore FIRST TIME COSTA, NEVER COSTA AGAIN!!! I would never book a three star cruise, BUT four star (****) when booked turned into three star (***) when sailed, and three stars is debatable!!! ***THE GOOD FOOD lettuce cheese bread fruit (honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple) burgers and fries, poolside SHIP Public areas are fresh ***THE BAD not like my 35 plus cruises on Princess, Cunnard, Celebrity, Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Holland America, etc, etc no 24/7 self serve ice-cream, no 24/7 pizza, no made to order omelet, no 24/7 WATER!!! no water or ice in cabin, or ice tea or juice...NONE!!!! Water is metered, only at breakfast and lunch during hours, in addition apple and orange juice and hot coffee and tea at breakfast, hours change day to day, a lot of thirsty fellow passingers searching at all hours to quinch their thirst with bottles, thernmo's etc, RATHER COMICAL as the crew just watches... why "because they can!" Gratuities mandatory so there is no bartering. Booking from the USA I was afforded the "water USA" package which Hospitality desk told me granted me a glass of water at breakfast, lunch and dinner, but onlyin the dining room. THE WAITER POURED THE LAST OF THE BOTTLE (2 TBL spoons) in my glass and he was okay with that... FAIL, I did not return to the dining room... as service was extremely slow ie 1 hour to get appitizer a second hour to get entrée and I am not going to beg for water. third day, no water on ship, better part of day, broken pipe brown water on ship thereafter until debarkation. -toilet not flushing in cabin, they failed to fix on numerous attempts. -grungy bed linens and towels -filthy windows everywhere, broken window cleaning tracks, not new... old problem. -hot cabin my favorite spot on a ship is the boat deck, but not this one, very dirty, usually closed, teak in poor disrepair, no lounges, four teak benches each side, but rust and dirt everywhere. The ship is a rust bucket! Ship is understaffed, looks like Costa is getting ready to part with this one. published: currency aboard "US DOLLAR" but was Euro' so foriengn transaction fees, but in all my cruises I have never had an onboard charge, cept this time, as follows: Originally, on booking, were informed of a >=$65 USD visa charge for Cambodia Visa, turns out on board just $30.00. I got my own 30 day visa, one entrance from the embassy for $30, but the ship double charged me, even though they used my visa... the runaround 7 times (SEVEN TIMES)through hospitality to straighten it out and a unannounced mandatory passport processing fee in Cambodia of $10 USD per person... ship charge or government charge ??? anyone's guess Cambodia sucks as a cruise port, would have rather had the time in Phuket!!! overall, paid under $600 USD for a two week cruise, unassigned inside, they upgraded us to oceanview corner stern #2442. Other cruise ports were fine, Singapore was wonderful, easy using MRT train from airport, less than $3 each way, 2 easy transfer, even with baggage. lesson learned, never book a cruise with mandatory tips, never book a three star ship and for me "never cruise Costa".

booked 4 star, turned 3 star

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by A440CPS

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Outside Premium
Costa Fortuna December 17-30, 2019 Singapore

FIRST TIME COSTA, NEVER COSTA AGAIN!!!

I would never book a three star cruise, BUT

***THE GOOD

FOOD

lettuce

cheese

bread

fruit (honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple)

burgers and fries, poolside

SHIP

Public areas are fresh

***THE BAD

not like my 35 plus cruises on Princess, Cunnard, Celebrity,

Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Holland America, etc, etc

-toilet not flushing in cabin, they failed to fix on numerous attempts.

-grungy bed linens and towels

-hot cabin

Originally, on booking, were informed of a >=$65 USD visa charge

A440CPS’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

Outside Premium
Cabin EP
hot, ac turned to full, grungy bed linens and pillows and towels. toilet not working, many attempts to fix. Nice cabin, lots of room. Very dirty ocean view, no attempt to clean. No turndown service. No water or ice in cabin. Convenient to dining room, but food quality of food in dining room is sub-par and service was horrible, not worth the 2 hour wait!
Cannes Deck Outside Cabins