Norwegian Joy Cruise Review

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by LKCarter

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

My mother-in-law invited my husband and I to do a family trip for the holidays and celebrate my sister-in-laws' birthday and her as well. It was a great ideal, so we went with it. We had a wonderful planner he answered a lot of our questions or directed us to someone who could. We planned excursion, dinners and entertainment. First red flag came when the package we had gave of flight from Charleston to Michigan to LA. Why? Got that fixed. Second red flag; per-paid services they charged me twice; when I called to report it they informed me that the money would go back to my checking account. half went to my bank the other half went on my trips account. Why? once we boarded the meal weren't what we excepted same thing in every dining room. Our specialty dining charged us for meals that should have been part of the SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE. My mother-in-law paid hers' prior to sailing and ended up having to pay again. All the entertainment shut down early and the night-life was not eventful at all. we spent most night in the casino which is the plan, I assume. fourth flag; we could charge our room at the casino but you couldn't put your winnings back on your room. so our cards were FROZEN until we settled our bill. That made no sense! Oh wait did I mention that before we set sail they froze my credit card for the whole trip, luckily I had cash and a back up card to use for all other expenses. And in closing Saturday night he had dinner in either Toast or Savor, my sister-in-law and I order the Fish Jumbo, that night we both began to feel under the weather, she spent her morning in the bathroom, I went on to the airport, by the time we switch flights in Atlanta I began to feel really bad my stomach was cramping, mid flight to Charleston I requested a ginger ale to settle my stomach. upon landing in Charleston I told my husband I was going to pass out, I needed off the plane, while on the tar mat I keep spitting into Kleenex I had in my pocket. I informed several passenger in front of me to please let me exit, because I was going to be sick. I made it to the entrance of the restroom where I vomited all over the floor going into the stall, then came the explosive diarrhea, sweats for the next 20 minutes. I blacked out in the restroom, and my husband sent the Airport Authority in to check on me, embarrassed and gravely ill; I was wheeled from the stall to my son's car exhausted from what my body was going through. All I wanted to do was lie down, I exited the car and my bowels let loose again, I cried, and went through it all over again. By Tuesday I had not stopped and went to my physician. Food poising/ norovirus?? I contacted Norwegian and have yet to hear from them. So now I've posted this since you failed to return my call or email. I've traveled on Carnival for years and never experienced anything like this! Very Disappointed.

LKCarter's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

My cabin was nice, nothing special about it. no added touches or welcoming gestures to note.

Los Angeles

Our flight arrived @ 1141am, it took over an hour and a half before we caught our shuttle to the port.

Cabo San Lucas

We cancelled it and did the tour on our own of the city

LKCarter