3. Enchantment of the Seas
Embarkation - breeze, arrived at port around 11:30 and was on ship by noon. I love sailing from Norfolk. Ship - clean, easy to navigate mid-size ship. Pool area was spacious and plenty of lounge chairs at any given time. Solarium is always a nice place on a RCCL ship. Most of the time people kept the kiddies out of the area, which was nice since we left our teenagers at home for some peace and quiet. Junior Suite was nice size, slightly larger than Carnival's balcolny rooms. Bathroom on the small size and no jacuzzi tub. Lifeboat drill was quick and the staff made it fun for once....reminded me of the Southwest stewardess'. Casino kinda small but enjoyed losing my money there anyway. One night was smoke free, which was a nice touch. Not very many activities on the ship. I found myself wondering around looking for something to do. Fitness area / Spa was ok, suprised they had no saunas or jacuzzis...missed that. Fellow cruisers - average age of 60+, but a very friendly group. Just made getting around a little slow. Very few kids as school is still in session till mid-June here. Service - Bar staff always friendly and quick. Room steward efficient, but nothing above and beyond. Dining room staff VERY slow and inefficient. After two nights of waiting almost 45 minutes to even get the appetizers, we decided to stick with the Winjammer buffet. Port - We loved Bermuda. The ability to buy a bus/ferry pass with unlimited day use for $12 and go wherever we went was wonderful. The island is clean, safe and everyone is very helpful and friendly. We even got our camera returned to us when it was left on a bus from Hamilton to St. George! Scuba Dived the second day. Good, but not our best dives ever. Food - Subpar. This is the third time I have been very disappointed with the food. The dinner menu selection is heavy on seafood, which if allergic, limits you. Steak could be ordered either med rare or med well. This really equated to raw or burnt and it was quite grizley. There was nothing that stuck out as good in the entire week except the Mongolian BBQ in the windjammer one night. The desserts were never tasty and seemed to come from a frozen Costco type variety. I have to give Carnival a huge "A" for food compared to RCCL. One more gripe. For what RCCL charges, why is the self serve ice cream only open a during Windjammer hours? Why is the drink station not open 24-7? It really annoyed me to not have basic coffee available to me unless it was during Winjammer hours...otherwise you pay for it, or need to order from room service. Carnival has this beat too. Disembarkation - great. We received our express tag given we were carrying off luggage. Started calling colors at 7:20am....ours at 7:40am. Very organized, was off ship, through customs and in a cab by 7:55am.

Oh to feel so young