3. Norwegian Jewel
I have been cruising since I was a kid because my Mom loved crusing - so she started us off young! I took my son on his first cruise when he was 5 - and he said it was better than Disneyland! I must concur. This particular cruise is really the only - and most civilized way to see the South Pacific - via Norwegian's island hopping cruise. You can fly from island to island - or take a private yacht - but it'll cost you a fortune! Don't hesitate to take this cruise - it was absolutely fabulous and that famous south pacific weather in the Coral Sea should not be missed! We have been on the Jewel before and cannot speak more highly of the staff, crew and entertainers. Norwegian does NOT disappoint and Stephen the head of the "hotel" aspect of the cruise does an outstanidng job of making sure everything is "ship shape" - pun intended - and that everyone is happy. You'll see him everyday surveying the ship and talking with the passangers. We had a problem with the toilet in our cabin - but guest services had it all sorted out within a matter of hours - no problem. This is an very international cruise - travellers from all over the world - from every continent - predominantly from Europe, USA, Canada and Australia. You'll hear every language spoken. The entertainment was fabulous - the free activites endless, something for everyone. The food was varied - and they even had a Thanksgiving feast - the whole 9 yeards - EXCEPT - surprisingly - no pumpkin pie ay ay ay! But we survived that lol ! Our cabin steward was a woman and that was nice for a change - they are usually guys. These guys have a harrowing schedule - they work 4 months off without a day off! So it's always a surprise to me how they can be so cordial under these work cricumstances. Be nice to them! The cruise started in Tahiti - we spent a week in Tahiti before the shipped arrived - and it was very exciting seeing the Jewel arrive and fill up that tiny port! We couldn't wait to get on board and be pampered! This particular cruise is an unusal intinerary - Tahiti, Raiatea, Bora Bora, 2 Fijian Islands, Samoa, 2 French Caledonian, Vanuatu and ends in "Seedney" (as the Aussie's pronounce it). It was something very special sailing into Sydney wiith its iconic harbor! I highly recommend this cruise. In fact, we loved it so much that we are thinking of taking the return version of it. My only complaint - and it's not really a complaint - is the Jewel went through a refit in Novemeber 2018 and the design theme of colorful "Bahamian" colors was changed to a cool grey. Sorry people - but I preferred the Bahamian colors. Now the ship looks too military for me! But that's simply my taste. Ohterwise - thank you so much Norwegian and the Jewel - its officers, crew and staff and entertianers and everyone who works on board for making travelling so enjoyable! You know how to pamper!

FANTASTIC - South Pacific Island Hopper - 10 Ports of Call !

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by helena and paul