I'm loyal to Royal and wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise. I have been on about 40 cruises with Royal and this was by far the worst cruise I've been on.
1) Embarkation was delayed due to an unknown issue and the communication was non existent. The disembarkation from the ship was fine but waiting for an hour for our luggage to arrive at the airport was frustration
2) The ship is old but in general pretty good shape.
3) The cabin was fine and the room attendant did good job
4) Service in the main dining room was good but the food was poor, overcooked and mostly tasteless. It did get better as the cruise went on. Food in the Windjammer was poor, selection was very limited and seating cramped. Two meals at Chops were at best average. Rack of Lamb was tough, overcooked but the filet was good.
5) Entertainment was repetitive and of less than normal standard quality
6) Shore excursions were fine and entertaining
7) Thank God for Reynoldo the server in the Diamond lounge he was magnificent and kept the glasses full
8) We have 7 more cruises booked and hope this cruise was an fluke
Went to Antigua, Jade factory was interesting but traffic due to a celebration was extremely busy