We are loyal Celebrity cruisers (8 cruises sind 2013, mostly Aqua Class), but with the newly introduced price increases we wanted to try something new. As German natives it was logic to try a German cruiseline. As we love being serviced at the table, TUI was the only option for us.
Unfortunately we were not as happy as with Celebrity (although we did enjoy the cruises of course):
- In General the Service/Staff on the ship was not 100% attentive/ interested. e.g. Room Steward did not introduce himself. Most of staff on did not greet when we passed them
- (cabin) services and procedures , etc, were not explained.
- The service in the restaurant was not well coordinated, though enough waiters were available. Sometimes we had to wait about 10 min, before we even received the menus
- No room service or mini bar available. Only water stations near the elevators were available.
- Food in the MDR was hit and miss. The speciality restaurants were very good (but here you have to pay for ALL drinks, even water)
- Staff did rarely check if sanitization was used by the passengers, luckily no outbreak of NORO happened :-)
- No bottled or canned drinks available. On Port days small bottle soft water only for purchase.
- Limited selection of inclusive wines in the MDR/Buffet, only 1 red, white and rosé.
-Smoking permitted on the balconies
Just small things for itself but in summary, we won't take a second cruise with mein schiff. We will give MSC for our next cruise a try.
The cabin was really outstanding. The cabin itself was a regular size of approx. 17sqm.
But the veranda had about 30sqm with hammock, two sunbeds and two chairs. The location was vey quite and smoke from other passengers was only a small problem.
Just for the cabin its has beaten celebrity by far.