3. Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas is an older RCI ship. We have sailed on the Empress, which is slightly older and smaller, so we knew what to expect. There are no bells and whistles on this ship like Flow Rider, Ice Skating Rink, Amphitheater, Carousel, Huge Broadway production shows, 20 restaurants, huge slides or Central park (BTW there is a sports center on the aft upper deck with a small rock-climbing wall). With this said, we still enjoyed this quick Xmas getaway. It was relaxing. I really like the Viking Crown lounge during the day. Very relating and good for reading of just taking it easy. One Important Note: Crew moral and crew expectations have both been impacted by the ban to Cuba. They looked forward to funds generated by that port, and I’m guessing the entire ship had put all their eggs in one basket. Several crew members we spoke with including admin sounded very disappointed over the ban. PROs The cruise director Tornado Tanya is very perky and full of energy. Overall service is Very Good. Room Steward was very Good. Despite her age and a little rust, Majesty’s overall cleanliness was good. The crew is on top of it day and night. Main Dining Staff were Great. Shows were ok. We enjoyed them, but we have seen better shows on previous RCI sailings. There are many Quiet Spaces to enjoy some down time during the day. A list of quiet spaces during the day (up until 3PM): The Viking Crown Lounge Boleros Deck 7 outside Certain Spots of the Centrum. You can find spots on The Pool deck 11, but it’s harder on sea days for obvious reasons. The pool area was adequate. We always found seating and shade. Kids were well behaved. I never saw the pools filled to the brim with passengers. The hot tubs are a different story because there are so few of them. We were able to use it when we boarded early on the day we stopped at Key West. We took a galley tour and found the Galley to be very clean. Most the food served was fine, but the galley tour lunch stood out because they served a seafood linguini that was very good tasting, and also a nice slice key lime pie (only served during this tour). The steak and Cordon Blue served in the MDR were both tasting as well. I don’t know about other Majesty of the Seas sailings, but the night life (bars and clubs) were very active on our sailing (maybe because it was during Xmas). The pool side band, The Cool Band sounded very nice. They also sang at other venues, such as Boleros. Check the out. CONs Embarkation was chaotic, long wait, crowded and staff was not helpful. Not too many day-time activities. Lack of food variety. Designated pool smoking section was not planned out well. Cigarette smoke could be smelled all throughout the starboard side of the pool area way beyond the designated section. I read about the following issue in several reviews but didnt give much thought. One could smell a slight sewage smell throughout different sections of the ship. It was mostly evident on deck 7. The casino reaped of smoke smell. Poor ventilation. Guest Services Mixed Review: I visited several times for minor matters, and they were addressed and resolved. I spoke with others on the ship who did not have kind words for quest services, and I can sort of see why. They come off as a bit cut and dry. A smile goes a long way. Some people prefer professionalism over smiles. I can understand that, but a smile does go a long way. People skipping the guest services line and staff saying anything. I refer not to get into any negative verbal exchanges on vacation unless it is really necessary. The internet is expensive but works very well. I didnt find the App to be too useful. You cannot only use it to communicate with other passengers on the newer ship. It was explained to me that the tech and wiring needed to upgrade the Majesty would be too costly. Key West is always a welcome port because it’s a small area with many activities, shopping and just the over vibe of the place. The weather was great during our stop. We stopped by Sloppy Joes for a drink. We decided not to get off in the Bahamas because we have been there many times before, so we stayed on ship relaxing. It rained most of the day. We had a good time. I would definitely be sailing with RCI again, but maybe not on the Majesty. Do your research and if you feel comfortable go ahead and give her a try.

Enjoyed our Majesty Xmas saling

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by CruisingFamilia

PROs

The cruise director Tornado Tanya is very perky and full of energy.

Overall service is Very Good.

Room Steward was very Good.

Main Dining Staff were Great.

There are many Quiet Spaces to enjoy some down time during the day.

A list of quiet spaces during the day (up until 3PM):

The Viking Crown Lounge

Boleros

Deck 7 outside

Certain Spots of the Centrum.

CONs

Embarkation was chaotic, long wait, crowded and staff was not helpful.

Not too many day-time activities.

Lack of food variety.

The casino reaped of smoke smell. Poor ventilation.

Guest Services Mixed Review: