Crown Princess Cruise Review

A Christmas Holiday cruise to remember

Crown Princess Cruise Review by terrytells

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean

My wife and I chose this cruise because we were looking to find a wider variety of age groups than we usually find when we cruise between holidays. The younger families and children add energy and excitement. Even if all you want to do is "people watch", that can be more fun and entertaining. This cruise offered some wonderful destinations for me to enjoy some of the more active things I like to do; sailing, hiking, kayaking, and snorkling/swimming. And while I protected myself off shore with sun block, my wife could read, rest, pamper herself in the Lotus Spa, or catch a movie. I love to sail, and I went again on a small Hobie Cat at Princess Cay. What a thrill! A boat ride at St. Lucia to the Pitons was gorgeous and the stop at a beautiful tropical beach capped off a perfect excursion. My wife had a manicure and pedicure that looked fantastic, but she thought they could have and should have used better polish for the pricey job, as her nails were showing wear after just a couple of days. The buffet was good, especially the little deserts that are portioned so you don't feel too bad cheating with a few samples. We dined on Christmas Day at Sabatini's Restaurant. Good food, beautiful surroundings, for this special occasion, but we both decided we prefer the typical Italian comfort food like lasagna, chicken parm, etc. over the very upscale Italian dishes. I think most people would really love the experience. Most of the entertainment was top-notch, but we felt the main production singers were not the best we've seen and their production with "Soul" music was a little laughable. After that show we agreed with many of the guests that it fell way below Princess standards. We loved the comics and magician and I thought the production musicians and dancers were top notch. The Voice of the Ocean is always fun, and the "mentors" were hilarious. Can't wait for our 2021 New Years cruise, booked while on board.

terrytells's Full Rating Summary

Great stateroom for those with full size wheel chair. The room is wider, even the entry door, to accommodate a wheelchair. The bathroom has all the bars and whistles including a full tiled floor allowing roll-in entry. The large floor drains prevent the water from going outside the shower stall area. The room is wider, not longer, and doesn't have a couch like the suites have. It is also near the elevators so you don't get blocked in the hallway by cleaning carts or luggage. Disability and wheelchair must be verified before booking.

Antigua

Never done a Segway before. Great experience, and one for my bucket list.

Barbados

Some some a lot of turtles. I saw one fsar away, but was really happy with the shipwreck snorkle.

St. Thomas

The guides were fantastic...informative and fun.

St. Lucia

The water was beautiful, the Pitons were great to see, and the beach stop for a swim was the best.

Princess Cays

Great fun...love to sail... good winds that day.

terrytells