• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside
Traveled with children

We traveled on this Ship about 3 years ago, had free specialty dining and 3rd passenger free, which worked very well, and the entertainment was so good, that we wonted to go back. This time the cruise was so different.

Everything went wrong from day 1. NCL is to be blamed for causing a huge traffic in Manhattan by scheduling 2 cruise ship sailing on the same day. It took us 3 hours to drive from Battery Tunnel to cruise Port, and then, 3 more hours waiting in line to get on the ship. When we got onboard we were hungry and tired, the dining venues were already closed, and I was time for a drill. Than, exhausted, we went to room, changed, and went to buffet for a dinner. The Garden Cafe was so crowded, that after walking for 5 min and looking for a table, I had to leave my food there and go to Magenta to be able to get seated. I have to say, that buffet crowds did not improve until the end of the cruise. We had to wait in lines for everything, to get food, drinks tables.

Also, the quality of food on this cruise was much worse than what we are used to on cruises. Shrimp cocktail, escargot, lobster tails, fried calamari were not on a menu to the end of the cruise. The dining menu had poor choices, however, the menu improved by the end of the cruise. The waiters in dining rooms seamed to be overworked, and didn't have time for any communications with guests. The big dining room had a piano, however, during the entire time of the cruise, I didn't hear it play a single time.

Mid-Ship Inside