3. Celebrity Reflection
We were on the 12/20/19 sailing of the Reflection. The itinerary had stops in San Juan, St. Thomas and Sint Maarten. We got a great deal when booking just 45 days out for a suite and booked 2111 since there was a YouTube review of that stateroom and it fit our needs pretty well since we like privacy on our balcony. Dining: We ate most meals in Luminae with the exception of the first dinner which was in Murano, and Christmas Eve dinner at Le Petit Chef. During the first lunch in Luminae the host offered 30% off of specialty dining, so I highly recommend waiting until you’re on the ship to book speciality dining nights. Murano was absolutely delicious and I highly recommend the experience. The tableside preparation of the lobster feels old school, but in the best way possible. The service like everywhere on the ship was really exceptional, especially from our waiter Oswaldo. Le Petit Chef was fun, but I wouldn’t necessarily do it again. The food was good, but like many others have said, you go for the experience rather than for the food. Luminae was outstanding. We sailed on the Norwegian Bliss in the Haven back in October and the Haven restaurant menu never changed. The food was delicious there also, but it was really nice to have variety for every lunch and dinner. We also ordered off of the main dining menu from Luminae on occasion. Cocktails: My husband purchased the Drinks and More package as an upgrade to the Premium Drinks package after we booked. It came with 2 bottles of wine which were already in our stateroom, a wine tasting on Christmas Day, $50 casino credit pp, and the minibar replenished daily. I think the Drinks and More/Premium Plus package might not have been socialized to everyone because guest services, our butler, and his supervisor didn’t seem to know much about the package. It ended up working out ok, but corporate could have been better about giving folks on the ship info about the package. World Class Bar is an absolute do not miss if you like any sort of craft whiskey cocktails. Miguel and Santos were stellar. If you’re a Sazerac fan, they make a fantastic one. We also signed up for the mixology class which was a lot of fun and really informative. We talked to them later and they mentioned that they could easily have taught a 3 hour class, and I would’ve been 100% there for it. They were a real highlight of the cruise, and were a big part of the reason I left the ship feeling like Celebrity is exactly what I’ve been looking for in a cruise line. Casino: The last night we finally made it to the casino to use our $50 free play. I ended up playing slots because I don’t know how to play any table games and won $25. I know that’s nothing to “real” gamblers, but I’m not much of a gambler. The real highlight here was Barbara who was working one of the Texas Hold ‘em tables. There was no one else at the table, so my husband sat down with his chips and Barbara very patiently and kindly explained how to play and took him through a bunch of hands. He ended up winning about $150 which paid for the Drinks and More package and then some! I wasn’t a gambler, but after that experience watching him play, I’m definitely interested in getting more into it. It was the most fun I’ve had at a casino. Staff and Service: I’ve mentioned a couple of the folks that we interacted with so far, but I can’t have a complete review without mentioning our butler Jo, room steward Sunil, Vishal who’s a waiter in Luminae, and Alina the Luminae host. We’ve been on two other NCL cruises in suites with a butler. Those experiences were good to disappointing. Jo was just spot on and nailed everything. He made sure bottles of San Pelligrino were overflowing in our room and his service was attentive without being obtrusive. His service was exactly what I hope for when I imagine what butler service might be. He really surprised and delighted us several times on the cruise and made us feel welcomed and well taken care of. Wifi: The wifi was fast and convenient on the Reflection. When I first got on I used fast.com to test the speed and got 2.2Mbps down. The upload speeds weren’t great, but wifi backups of photos could wait until I got home. I never felt frustrated by the speeds, and it was dead simple to sign on and sign off different devices. My husband and I both work remotely, so it’s really nice to know that we can go on a Celebrity cruise and not have to worry about being cut off or burning more vacation days than necessary. With the perks we got one device per person which was plenty. Excursions: BOSS Underwater - When we got to St. Thomas we met the excursion at 12pm. I can’t emphasize how nice it was to not have to be up and off the ship first thing in the morning. There was a short 20 minute boat ride out to the dive site, and after some instruction we were broken into 3 groups. Two groups snorkeled while the divers took one group on the underwater scooters. Everything about this excursion was a blast. I was glad I snorkeled before getting in the scooter since I had the chance to get comfortable in the water first. On the way back to the dock, the captain gave us a harbor tour and we saw a bunch of yachts and got some history. Maho Beach - I love planes and large machinery in general, so my husband surprised me with a trip to Maho beach to see the planes fly directly overhead. At Sunset Bar and Grill you can watch the planes fly in over the water. I really enjoyed watching the planes, but Sunset Bar and the beach itself is a mad house. There are people aggressively selling things on the VERY crowded beach, and the bar is incredibly loud. They play music everywhere and have entertainment on the stage. The food is reasonably priced though, and the service was pretty good. You have to pay to use the restroom, and it’s somehow also chaotic in there also, so I recommend going before you leave the ship for the excursion. If you like planes, it’s a must-see. If you want to chill in Sint Maarten it’s the opposite of where you want to go. Wrap up: The Reflection itself is a gorgeous ship. It doesn’t have all the waterslides and racetracks, and I think its better for it. The finishes are understated and elegant, and the staff reflects that with their service. I would go on the Reflection again and again if there weren’t so many other ships out there to try. Costs: Sky Suite - $4600 including 4 perks (wifi, gratuities, premium drinks, $300 onboard credit) plus a $350 Costco cash card Drinks and more package - $50pp - includes 2 bottles of wine, wine tasting, $50 casino credit per person, minibar setup replenished daily Murano - $50pp Mixology Class - $40pp Extra gratuities: $150 to Butler $50 to Cabin steward $20 each to select bartenders and waiters

The Perfect Christmas Cruise Getaway

blisteringherb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1
The cabin was spacious and comfortable. Our butler and room steward were great, and really made the whole experience exceptional. There are YouTube videos of this exact room. We chose it because the balcony to the right sticks out further, so there’s a bit more privacy, but it also impedes the view a bit.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins