3. Celebrity Eclipse
This was my 7th cruise. First on Celebrity. Previously, I had found that Holland was the best I'd been on, FAR superior to Princess and Royal Caribbean. I'd cruised solo, with family, and with a GF. First off, if you're single, do NOT take this cruise. Not only are there virtually no singles, but, the SOLE listing for any singles get-togethers on board were innocuously placed on a card near guest services. There was no notification inb the daily planner. Second, if you are under 60 years old, do NOT take this cruise. While the stats say that the average age is 55 (A "bit" older than other cruise lines), don't you believe it. The average is WELL above 60. The food: VERY good, however, not better than Holland. As to the buffet, the choices were MANY; however, the same choices, day after day, led to monotony, even though delicious. While Holland (and Royal) had less choices EACH DAY, they varied each day so that there was something new. I believe Celebrity does this to "push" you into going to specialty restaurants. The pushiness onboard to "upsell" you on everything from spa to restaurants, etc., while present in ALL cruise lines, was much more prevalent (and pressurized) on Celebrity. Further, I had expected my stateroom towel animals - nope. Not once. Lastly, the extra money for a veranda is a waste - there is nothing to see but "sea". most of the time...BHUT, it WAS the largest stateroom I've ever had, by far. The entertainment - VERY mediocre, especially on a 15 day cruise - I expected better with the SOLE exception of one show. In short, while the ship itself was superior, everything else was not better than, say, Holland. It was certainly NOT the huge difference that I was led to believe. Oh...one more HUGE thing...To NOT have (free) water outside the sauna is cheap and inviting a health problem; further, to have a free sauna, but a STEAM room that carried an extra cost, was chincy and cheap.

Better than "ok" - just not "great"

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by calitoflorida

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda

Further, I had expected my stateroom towel animals - nope. Not once.

calitoflorida’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C
HUGE. Best ever.
Apportioned well.
Veranda was a waste - nothing to see on this itinerary, but would be amazing in either Alaska or the Greek Isles.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins