Riviera Cruise Review

Still Love Oceania

Riviera Cruise Review by alldog49

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean

This is our 2nd time on Oceania. We are Elite members of Celebrity but we like the smaller ship and amenities on Oceania. We parked at Garage J and walked right across the street to the terminal. Very convenient although, on the return, we did have to take a bus to the garage but it was very quick.

Embarkation was quick at 1:30. We found out that our B2 veranda cabin on deck 8 was not going to be ready until 3pm. That was a bummer so we went straight to the Terrace Cafe which was as good as we remembered. An announcement came a little after 2 that the cabins were ready. Our stateroom was as we remembered. it was spotless and kept that way by our very friendly room attendant. Blackout curtains actually closed all the way. Comfy bed and good pillows. Towels were thick but not soft. Hate the shower. So small, tired of bumping my elbows. The closet had plenty of hangers but don't like the location next to the bed. Plenty of storage space.

We ate at the main dining room, the buffet, and all 4 specialty restaurants for dinner. The only one we wouldn't go back to was Polo Grille. I love ribeye and mine came lukewarm which I didn't mind but it was tasteless, no seasoning. There was one constant flaw with the food. I love caesar side and make a really good one at home. The buffet and 3 of the restaurants served the same caesar salad and it was soggy and tasteless. I always got it for lunch at the buffet. One day there were bringing out a new container of lettuce and I notice in the old one that there was probably an inch of water sitting in the bottom. that explained why the lettuce was soggy. But in each restaurant?

As far as entertainment, I'm hearing impaired (can hear but sometimes can't understand the conversation), so I didn't go to see the comedian. My husband did and said he was just OK. The magician was amateurish. The other 2 shows were good. I did well at the casino and I liked that it was smoke-free.

Had a wonderful massage at the spa. Worked out in the afternoons and had no wait for equipment.

The service all around was really good as expected. Everyone smiled and wanted to help. Happy hour at Horizons worked out really well as I found a drink that I liked a lot and it was 2 for 1.

We did not do shore excursion as we had been to all of these places before but we really liked the fact that the ship was docked close to the towns so we could walk off the ship and be right in the middle of things.

We are planning on doing another Oceania cruise when the price is right. Who doesn't love being pampered!

alldog49's Full Rating Summary