3. Celebrity Equinox
We chose this cruise for the Caribbean itinerary and previous experience with Celebrity. BOAT DESIGN Really like the design of the boat. Now second favourite to Viking ocean cruise ship. It felt fresh and light filled Enjoyed the solarium with soaring glass ceiling and windowed walls for the days when it was too windy to sit outside. It was supposed to be adults only until 4:30 although a couple of people brought kids in. The boat didn't feel too crowded on sea days. The common areas were very comfortable. Lots of places to sit. The Library was a good design feature with comfortable chairs - multi-storey. Didn't have much by way of books that one would actually want to read (lots of decor books). But as with many others, I was reading on my iPad so that lack of books not a problem. There was also a well-designed room with board games that seemed quite popular. DINING and food. Main dining room had good food, good service and was quite elegant. Did not try the speciality restaurants. Had breakfast and lunch at the buffet was quite good with many options. There were always Asian and Indian food, pasta options. The ordinary coffee Lavazza (ie not the premium coffee drinks that you pay extra for or a la carte) was very good. Best of cruise ships I have tried (Princess, Norwegian and Disney ). The a la carte coffee drinks seemed to be a bit more expensive than other ships from what I can remember but the regular coffee was decent. I don't drink alcohol but my husband does. Husband was able to buy a drinks package without me purchasing one (not all cruise ships allow). GYM was very good with good classes. From past experience I knew the spin classes might sell out so went straight to the gym on boarding to sign up. The two fitness instructors were very good, friendly, encouraging and enthusiastic. The gym is on the 12th deck - cardio equipment with views of the sea. There are machines and free weights. Near the gym is the AquaSpa cafe with such things as oatmeal with apple cider vinegar, mini wraps, gluten free mini - muffins etc. SPA was very pricey. There were discounts for spa services later in the cruise and I ended up doing the teeth whitening which gave me good results. Entertainment - really enjoyed the American Ballet Theatre performance (two principal dancers doing pieces from Nutcracker). Entertainment otherwise okay - prefer Princess ships for music and comedy in the evenings - in terms of quality and quantity. Loved the Celebrity App which used the ship's internet for free for messaging with spouse and finding out what events were on - when dining rooms opened etc. NB you don't need to purchase internet to get the free messenging. Paid for regular internet was slow but okay for checking messages.We didn't pay for the expensive streaming internet. Excursions were fine. Would have preferred more detail on the excursions. We did the bike trip in San Juan which was good. Although the description apparently indicated the wearing of closed toe shoes, there wasn't a reminder on the ticket - which resulted in me having to run across the street to buy water shoes or not be allowed on the trip. Best embarkation and disembarkation on a ship I have experienced,

All round good cruise

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by London1990

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class

Best embarkation and disembarkation on a ship I have experienced,
London1990’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C2
We stayed in Concierge class cabin 1166. It was in a quiet location. Service was excellent. Room was fairly typical. Only real downside was lack of storage space (similar rooms in Princess have more storage). Would have appreciated a magnifying mirror. Towels, robe and amenities were good.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins