3. Marella Dream
Joined dream on 18 dec looking forward to visiting Bethlehem and Jerusalem for the Christmas period. We were on the ship for two weeks supposedly the whole itinerary since booking in September was changed we were not told about Jerusalem and Bethlehem stop even though the ship had been doing this for the last six weeks until we got on board so that the company did not have to refund us or compensate us for yet another change. Our cabin was absolutely disgusting there was vomit on the floor which had less stains on the carpet the beds were soiled with other peoples bodily fluid the head pillows were further soiled with blood and sweat and absolutely stunk after the first night in the cabin I developed breathing difficulties from the dirty tired air-conditioning. We spoke with guest relations manager and told him we needed to leave the ship due to the breathing difficulties I was experiencing thing on board. We left the cabin that day to return to find everything of our belongings were taken from the cabin the carpet been ripped up a brand-new carpet laid and glued down the fumes from the blue further exasperated my breathing problems but as there are no further cabins on board vacant they are unable to move us the ship further even due to my illness could not get off the ship for six days and even then they wanted me to pay for my own flights home when we had £200 in our on-board spend account. They agreed after speaking to their head office that we should pay for our own flights on our card and they would then refund us are on-board credit in cash we flew back to Cardiff and had to pay for hotel accommodation there before we could do our return journey back to London. The food on board the ship was absolutely diabolical the cheapest nastiest sausages bacon thick with fat or collect together frozen vegetables cheap wines and poor quality food chicken still on the bone , stale sandwiches with curled up edges for afternoon tea sausage rolls served warm with no sausage. Every day the buffet service was an absolute feeding frenzy with very dangerous hot serving trays which are sat into a bath of boiling water when you reach into the serving tray the steam comes out and burns you on your wrist and lower arms. The ship overall condition is poor and tired and dirty the rust inside and out is very apparent and the boat creeks and moans when she’s at sea . The pollution that she puts out is unbelievable and the smell of fumes within the ship is disgraceful. The Christmas decorations on board were absolutely pathetic with a small 3 foot blowup Santer being your main feature outside your restaurant door Christmas trees were about 4 1/2 foot 5 foot tall with old-fashioned tinsel and decorations randomly thrown on the tree the whole affect was cheap and shabby. I can only like in the bars and restaurant to a good old-fashioned working men’s club. The pool area even though it was really not hot enough to sit out but not supervised properly and the only thing they had adults could use with a hot tub there are signs up saying that children were not allowed in the hot tub and supervise yet every single day the hot tub is full of children with no adults in sight now we seem to care or do anything about it the ship was full of children with very little entertainment for them on a daily basis.The pool area even though it was really not hot enough to sit out was not supervised properly and the only thing the advice dogs could use where the hot tub is there are signs up saying that children were not allowed in the hot tub and supervise yet every single day the hot tubs were full of children with no adults in sight now we seem to care or do anything about it the ship was full of children with very little entertainment for them on a daily basis Since returning home I have been confined to bed with a lung infection in both lungs having to take antibiotics and steroids daily and rest this has been contracted through poor air-conditioning and is a ongoing serious issue at this precise moment. The ship did organise a private transfer for us to the airport so we didn’t have to go on the coach with the other passages I do actually think as much as we requested this it was probably in their best interest to do this to stop me spreading any kind of infection to other passengers I might of picked up on board the ship I arrived on the ship on the 18th of December fit and healthy. Staff of the ship are way too good to be subjected to what they have to work with there all cheerful smiley bright personable people and way too good to be on the dream. I’m so sorry that I cannot add photographs to this but writing it on my mobile phone it does not give me the facility to upload the photographs of the disgusting cabin and other little treats around the ship

Old filthy dirty ship that needs blowing up.

Marella Dream Cruise Review by Linphillipskeep