3. Carnival Paradise
Disclosure, we "overpaid" for three cabins on the Paradise that departed Tampa on 12/26. Of course it was supply and demand market pricing, but I felt like this (older) ship was going to have an uphill battle to impress me on such a short (4 nt) cruise with only one port of call (Cozumel). Spoiler warning - it did impress! We booked three cabins - 1) an oceanview for my wife and I 2) an inside for my adult son and his recently married wife 3) an inside for my 20.9 year old son and 19.5 year old daughter (two single beds) CABIN - I had probably the best cabin steward of my cruise history, Gladys. Our other cabins were on same floor but down the ship with their own steward. the shower's water pressure was far and above the best we've had at sea, exceeding our residence even. FOOD - our kiddos absolutely loved Guy's Burgers, middle child had 5 in 4 nt. We also liked the buffet and MDR. this is odd to say but it was head and shoulders above the Magic we sailed earlier this year. CRUISE DIRECTOR - Leon was possibly the best we've had since my debut sailing on the Breeze with Butchy Baby. I would expect to see him on a significantly larger ship in the near future. LIDO DECK - we had absolutely no problem finding deck chairs, but we mainly focused in the smoking section. I know, I know...but our two eldest vape and I smoke when I drank - we got 6 chairs and 2 tables and played Cards Against Humanity 2x for extended periods. fantastic SHOWS - we saw Love and Marriage and one of the comedians. very enjoyable. we also loved the 80s dance revue in the lobby at 10pm final night - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. everyone loved the piano bar and even Leon stopped in one night for a good 15 minutes or so. DRINKS - lots of room in most of the bars, never an issue getting a seat or a drink. impressive. CASINO - oy vay, lady luck was nowhere to be found. but still enjoyed time there. DOWNERS *we had $1500 of Carnival gift cards we accumulated throughout the year and were unable to load them online before sailing. we even called twice to get it fixed, but only succeeded in getting a "trouble ticket" opened. soooooo....when we arrived via priority embarkation we monopolized guest service manager for almost an hour as he loaded them onto our cabins. sucked for him, sucked for us, sucked for those in line. not my fault, however. I hope Carnival fixes this snafu. *wife had a couple interactions with a bartender who clearly didn't want to make her somewhat complicated drink. she was visibly dissatisfied. I get it, but we are the ones who tip on each drink above and beyond the prepaid gratuities. *not a real downer but I told my almost 21 yr old there was certain to be a basketball court where he would be able to play with folks of all ages. there wasn't a court!

CARNIVAL PARADISE - pretty, pretty, pretty good ship!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by havanadaydreaming

havanadaydreaming’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C
fantastic - see above (below?)

nothing but love
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Jeep Tour
    the first hour after getting to the meet location was a train wreck. our party was there from the ship as well as from Playa de Carmen (who took a ferry over and arrived on time).

I digress...once we got going it was a lovely afternoon. but I can see how the delay would ruin things for some people, 2/7th of our party were ready to bolt until a last minute change of heart.
    View All 138 Jeep Tour Reviews