MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by capitalbarry

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Suite

I choose this cruise I am a very drawn to what MSC Offers.

As Diamond Members and YES earned points as we have sailed over 12 cruise with MSC.

Found on this sailing being not in the YACHT CLUB meant we didn't get the service we should of expected and received from other sailings with MSC.

MSC failed miserably with us on this sailing. Servers in all aspects of this cruise were not at all pleasant, rude and lauguage was a HUGE issue with us. Coouple of time I personally was refused bar service, for ordering a cafe latte from a server, and on MSC Ocean Cay from bar server who told me |I could only have 2 drinks on my Prem, drink pkg..(one pop, one water and one alc. drink.) I can see if it was 3 alch. drinks but it was only one. She mention also when I made a fuss that it didn't matter who you are orders were from Bar Manager.

Has issue getting facial tissues and face clothes for family members , not supplied if your not Aurea or Yacht Club, WHAT??

Food, was ok to good in MDR, Pizza in buffet was the worst we ever had, I had it twice and was worse even the second time. I always to people that there PIZZA was the best I ever had a cruise ship.. not anymore,, so sad...

Entertainment show... OMG so bad, after the second show we all couldn't go back. There was one male singer, was SOO BAD, and believe we ALWAYS loved MSC's Shows.. Not this time, :-(

We were in Aurea class so we access to TOP 19 . Well that was a total waste of time and total let down. Out of the 7 days sailing 2 days they painted with worker ignoring you, stepping over you and the fumes.. One other day was closed for renos. One day was the best bars service was there, Jacuzzi was working. good day. Almost every other day We had to put our drink orders on a napkin and the pool attendant there would run down stairs to get our order. The supposed to be a bar opened for all patrons , no idea why nobody was around... This paid perk must improve...

We picked this ship not for the itinerary , but for the ship. The ship it's self is Stunning, but the lack of service and lack of curtsey towards(because weren't YACHT CLUB) us was so bad that we made a decision not to sail with MSC for a while. Too me that's a SHAME as MSC has a great thing to offer but failed so bad this time.... Yes we have a cruise booked with MSC in Yacht Club for Dec 2020 , which we booked last year while on MSC Seaside, This will be cancelled, as were had not yet received any responses from a long list of MSC executives I have emailed.

I hope MSC truly fixes issue and moves into the Caribbean with grace and dignity it deserves...

capitalbarry's Full Rating Summary

Aurea Suite

Cabin was ok... liked the separate living area away from Bedroom.

I can't believe that MSC would over look wall plugs in the bedroom. We only found one on one side of the bed, very strange. There was ample storage, although the safe was the smallest we have encountered with MSC.

Bed, well very uncomfortable, I mean never had a good nights sleep, :-(

Pull out coach well again was very uncomfortable, almost to the point if you sat on it, you thought you would go right through it.

Bathroom, well smallest we every had on MSC, very poor layout, very cramped in all spaces.

We liked the balcony as it was very large with the nice jacuzzi . Being on the front of the ship, we never received a lot of wind. Glass partitions were very nicely installed to reduce any wind.

Would I book this cabin again, NO.. room needed to be a bit bigger to really enjoy a total luxurious vacation. Price point for this cabin is right off the mark, not a good value for what you pay for..

Mayan Ruins

OMG.. was Very bad. We booked this on the bases as it was not a hard tour to d as it stated not much walking, very easy and very reaxing. .EXTREME amount of walking, I mean extereme as there were people in the 80's that could to the walking, my famliy member who just had a heart attack, well ets say things didn;t go good. EXtreme amount of stress. The boat tour was advertised as a river cruise, NO was a little boat that took you down the river at high speed with NO lifejackest..and a hour of this to get to the ruins.. too much. We went to customer service and compalined all they said was thats for your feed back and thats was that...

View All 179 Mayan Ruins Reviews