3. Navigator of the Seas
I love cruising my husband and I cruise 1-3 x per year. We are in our 50s. We planned this trip with my cousins then my brother and his wife joined in. We choose this cruise for the itinerary. My DH and I have traveled via Navigator of the Seas two other times and enjoyed both trips. I gave this trip a 3 out of 5 for one reason. The beds were as hard as a brick. I complained and the room attendant padded it and put a comforter under the sheet but that was only mildly effective. I was in a group and everyone was complaining. I overheard a gentleman in the elevator and he said everyone in his group had the same complaint. Royal knows the beds are hard and need to fix it. Sleep or no sleep can make or break a vacation. One night my cousin slept sitting in the chair to avoid the rock hard mattress. I feel bad for the stewards because people were irritated with them that they could not fix the problem. The ship was clean, the staff TOP NOTCH!! We had wonderful room stewards and wait staff in MDR. Oliver and Ahmad were great at taking care of all our needs in the dining room. I will try to break this trip down into categories: Dining: We mostly ate in the main dining room for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast had a nice selection and we enjoyed it. Dinner menu was boring, the food was OK but Royal Caribbean seems to be pushing the up-charged restaurants by making serious cuts to the MDR menu. I would like a little variance in the menu not the same foods over and over. Lunch was generally in the Windjammer. There are many selections and most were good. We had no food that wow-ed us. We did decide as a group to try Chops and Sabor. Chops night happened to be on a night that I was a little seasick so my review from the others is the food was delicious. My steak was over done but Ok but when the food showed up I was feeling green so I am not going to give that a review. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their food. Sabor was good but not as good as on the Oasis when we ate there. It was fine and the ambiance was nice and quiet except for our group! We enjoyed it. Stateroom: We were in 7330 a balcony stateroom it was categorized as aft but it was one of the most forward of the aft rooms. Compared to other oceanview balcony rooms we have had our stateroom was large, clean and very quiet at night. My only complaint was the rock hard bed. I loved the location very near the elevators but we could not hear them at all. I am all about the balcony. We had standard 2 chairs and a table on our balcony. The balcony and room were clean and carpets and curtains were nicely updated since our last sailing on Navigator of the seas. Ports: Labadee and the ABC Islands of the Southern Caribbean. Aruba Bonaire and Curacao. I love Labadee period. I love the view sailing into Labadee and with the Navigator being a smaller ship it is very nice and not too crowded. We lounged in a beach chair and played in the water all day. We had a perfect beach day. Curacao was interesting We did a RCI sponsored excursion on a boat. Was supposed to be a tour and beach day. The beach was actually more of a lagoon, and not really a nice sandy beach. We did have a shelter to avoid too much sun and one little cup of coke included. The tour part was the Captain of the little boat telling us what we were looking at. After our tour and beach time was over we boarded the ship and went back out exploring on our own. We felt safe in this port, we went to the fort and then to the floating bridge. These were two things my DH wanted to see. We enjoyed shopping in port and picked up a couple of little things for our grandson. We experienced no aggressive vendors. Bonaire: We again booked an excursion to local sites and a beach. This beach was un swim-able without water shoes due to rock and coral some of it fire coral which will leave you with nasty burns if you touch it. It was not a very wide beach. Again we were dropped at a beach and this one had no shelter and we were not given even one little drink. We hailed a taxi and left early. Not a lot to see on Bonaire. We did gt 5 minutes to get a photo of the Salt flat and slave hut. Aruba was a shopping day for us and my cousins went to Eagle beach. They said it was very nice wide sandy beach. We enjoyed walking around on our own. We were never bothered by vendors this trip. Ship activities: We enjoyed playing trivia or games in Schooner bar. They offered the typical ship entertainment. Sexy Man competition, Love and Marriage show, and of course the adult Quest. The entertainment was lacking this trip. After midnight not much was offered. One more thing if you are booking your cruise you might want to google the cruise and date, we had a very large group on board that basically took over the adult pool and area. You could not get a chair there or in the pool without a mob of them being there as if it was their own area. They were mostly very nice people but some were rude and obnoxious. I will not travel with that group again due to that. When you entered the area it was as if you were crashing a private party. I am not sure why Royal Caribbean let them do this but it was an issue. So my three rating on this cruise is #1 due to HARD BEDS, #2 Royal Caribbean cutbacks and #3 Large crowd owned the adult pool and bar which kept the rest out.

3peat on Navigator of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Bigorange&crimsoncruiser

I will try to break this trip down into categories:

Dining:

We mostly ate in the main dining room for breakfast and dinner.

Breakfast had a nice selection and we enjoyed it.

We did decide as a group to try Chops and Sabor.

Stateroom:

Ports:

Ship activities:

Bigorange&crimsoncruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D
Nice large cabin balcony cabin. Plenty of room, large closet space. Hard bed. I can not say it enough Royal needs to fix the bed situation. The rest of the cabin was nice and roomy. Very large. Plenty room for 2 people. It was a connecting room, even though we did not want that but we had really quiet nice neighbors so it was a non issue.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins