3. Norwegian Escape
I read tons of reviews before my trip. First, my cruise was excellent! Very pleased with Norwegian, the staff, the food, and the room (balcony). Exceeded expectations. I traveled with my two young adult (21 & 23) daughters in December 2019. Next, the ports (which is what I wanted help on for my cruise). Roatan: I booked directly with Infinity Bay (driver they arranged for us was good & it’s very beautiful resort). There are other places along beach that are less expensive and probably fine, but not as nice. (Infinity Bay is gorgeous, food just okay). I would recommend the beach but not other areas or port itself. I would definitely recommend going with boat excursion or place that received good reviews. I would Not just wing it in this port. A couple riding with us got dropped off at some snorkeling place — white caps on water & a drizzling day. I felt bad for them because the place looked like a shack & clearly it was not safe to be in the ocean on our day in port. Note: Cab drivers in all ports try to talk you into other options. We always stuck to our plans because I had researched places ahead of trip. Harvest Caye: No worries. Get off boat, walk to pool or beach & enjoy. Fish tacos are excellent at main restaurant. Costa Maya: Reserved AI at Jaime’s Blue Reef resort. Wonderful! Great staff! Only issue was cab ride back. Long lines of people & cabs were full. I recommend arranging to & from transportation if possible. Or head out way early. If there are other ships in port, the cab situation is a problem. I think they don’t pick up at cab stands so they can charge more than regulated fares. We almost missed our boat and yes, I paid $12 instead of $8 because we needed a ride. The $ isn’t a huge deal, but feeling panic about getting back in time is not fun. We had allowed about 30 or 40 minutes and just made it ... after walking the streets trying to find a ride. Cozumel: Went to Paradise Beach ($3 to get in & must spend $10 on food or drinks). Best decision of the trip! Beautiful!! We loved it. Some comments in the reviews I read didn’t apply (i.e I saw posts about sand fleas and on my trip in December, it was breezy 77• and no bugs at all. So my concerns about needing Deet were unnecessary). If you travel in July, that may be different. Our favorite shows: Howl at the Moon (no reservations needed) and Choir of Men. Great! We also saw two comedy shows that we reserved on the first day. After Midnight was just okay. Go early to shows that sound good in the atrium to get seats. We liked the dance contest, salsa dance class, and couples game show. Moderno Brazilian restaurant was our favorite speciality restaurant- Excellent!!! Taste & Savor & Manhattan all had really good free options & yummy desserts every night. Cagney Steak was our next favorite speciality restaurant. Tons of great food at both of these speciality restaurants and I highly recommend them if you have the food package. Cagney is ala carte if someone not on food package goes - so I got Caesar salad for $7 since I wasn’t on the dining package & my daughters were. My daughters both had the drink package- great decision for obvious reasons. I had to make sure it was in their names and not mine - since I registered all of us. That took a phone call to straighten out before the trip. Don’t wait to solve issues on board - the guest services line can be long. They do have lost & found items there - where we retrieved our water bottle & jacket. Overall rating: I highly recommend NCL!! They go above & beyond to offer a positive experience!! I didn’t go on any shore excursions, but would definitely consider that for next time. Have fun & enjoy.

First cruise - NCL Caribbean

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Densign

Next, the ports (which is what I wanted help on for my cruise).

Have fun & enjoy.