3. Regal Princess
Super High Pressure Selling from the Spa! Was dupped in an 'appointment' - was told it was a Consultation! I said I wanted to discuss it with my husband, and was given a time to come back the next day to let them know what I had decided. I got seasick the next day, called to cancel my 'consultation' and was told I was not allowed to cancel because it was an Appointment?!?; THEN Spa called me 30 minutes later to high pressure sell me an Acupuncture treatment! The lady Assured me it would fix my seasickness?!? I said no & person got upset with me. We had 10 treatments and they wanted more! We were also not given the 10/20/30% discount -if you purchase 1 treatment you get 10% off, 2 and you get 20% and 3 and you get 30% discount. Plus we purchased access to the Enclave (Thermal Spa) - but because the Enclave was too small for the size of the boat, and the fact that we did not want to have to deal with the high pressure selling, we never used this Enclave; I asked if we could receive a refund, but of course was told No. Also, High pressure selling in jewelry retail ship.... We go on a cruise to RELAX not be brow beat into buying product and treatments! Did NOT get go to Princess Cays - wind was too strong?! but was later told that too many folks / ships were scheduled on island at once, so our ship had to move on down the sea. That put us 3.5 days at sea before getting off boat to site see.... If we wanted a booze cruise we would have opted for a less expensive option. Fitness Center is way too small for the size of boat. We were grateful there was a Lap Path on the top deck. Highlights!!! The ship is clean and the decor is appealing. Food, Maitre'D, Servers in Sabatini's -outstanding! Food in - Crowne Grill was decent, a step above the buffet, not worth the upcharge. Good Spirits Bartender and Servers there (in particular William) were attentive and quick! Had access to concierge lounge & lady there was top notch (Magdelena C)! She saved our sanity due to her outstanding customer service! Club 6 for Suite guests was also a positive (for 2 hours a night hors d'oeuvres and discounted bar drinks were offered). Another highlight was Christmas Night - CREW MEMBERS provided entertainment after dinner in the atrium, and there are some really talented folks on the the boat: a couple of the singers did an outstanding job! American Idol caliber. There were some good dancers and musicians as well. And whoever put together the '12 Days of Christmas' entertainment did a great job!! (Hola) Positive was the ability to IM other members of our group using the Princess Medallion app; and using the cruise wristbands (like Disney's) was a plus. Hopefully they will refine the apps - right now there are FOUR different apps that have to be downloaded - Princess, you need to simplify it and have ONE app for your guests. Lastly positive was Kids Club. Our granddaughter seemed to enjoy her time there! Was nice to give her parents a bit of a break and some adult time. I would like to rate this a 1(terrible), Mainly because of the SPA Experience... Plus the fact we received NO Compensation for not getting to go to Princess Cays (which was one of the reasons we booked this trip); and if there really was an issue with the wind (let's say the cruiseline was being overtly cautious based on the recent collision of 2 ships and the wind incident) > it would have been an nice gesture from the cruiseline to have provided us SOMETHING....a free of charge specialty dinner one night for folks who had booked an excursion at Princess cays...a couple of free drinks... something! Even the crew was cranky by the time we stopped at the first port. I am bumping the rating up to a 2 (poor) though - because of the Concierge Lounge, Club 6, Good Spirits (and we had a nice room steward)...however we paid DEARLY for the Suite and if you pay those prices for a Suite, you Expect Suit Service - better service and amenities as part of the overall package and experience.

Princess Regal Disappoints - Super High Pressure Selling & FlimFlamming From Spa

Regal Princess Cruise Review by bk430

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Suite with Balcony

If we wanted a booze cruise we would have opted for a less expensive option.

Highlights!!! The ship is clean and the decor is appealing.

Had access to concierge lounge & lady there was top notch (Magdelena C)!

She saved our sanity due to her outstanding customer service!

bk430’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Regal Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5
Suite Bedroom area was spacious and bathroom area was beautiful (best part of the cabin).
Living room area was cramped.
Balcony was narrow versus wide, and seats 4 tightly.
Would have preferred to have had more room in the Living Room area versus the bedroom area.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins