3. Spectrum of the Seas
Spent 2 days in Hong Kong at the Park hotel. Used the Big Bus to get around great value if you have not been to the area before. Getting onboard was easy no issues, very straight forward. Few things different seapass cards were are you room waiting for you. Seemed a little strange. Spectrum of the Seas not sure what I expected but did not seem as flash or exciting as other ships I have been on. Definitely has an Asian twist in the interior design. Lots of seating every where and no one trying to sell you packages as you board. I did not see a dining special on specialty restaurants which was a shame, I probably would have taken up that offer. The centrum was the smallest I have ever seen and the shops were spaced out all over the ship. We had a balcony room with large balcony it was better designed than most I have stayed in with 2 wardrobes and fridge and tea and coffee available in room. USB ports to charge phones and devices was a great addition. Was a little disappointed with main dining room options I would have expected the Asian food to be of better quality I was not a fan. But normal menu items were as good as always. Crew were fantastic we were travelling with family and young children and there were well taken care of. Kids club was a hit with the 6 years old and baby nursery was also great value though the ship did not have nappies for children under 2. Activities were good a good variety with the cruise director Fang also around and ready to stop for a chat. Trivia with a twist as presenter was Chinese and had problems pronouncing some English words which made these sessions more fun. Casino was a smoking venue this was not pleasant experience. Bionic bar, bumper cars. Archery and rock climbing were fun but I did miss putt putt. Okinawa was probably the worst place to get off with customs taking hours to get through the whole group. Causing tours to be rushed. Stop in Ilocos was not great as it was rendered so it took ages to get off and first in first served to get transport from the port. It was so hot and very poor where we stopped and really nothing to do. Subic bay on their other hand had plenty of cabs about 3200 pesos for 4 hours was good value driver would take you anywhere you wanted to go. Getting off at Hong kong was a breeze. No Line ups. Then we headed off to Singapore for a couple of rest days.

Asian experience so true

Spectrum of the Seas Cruise Review by Loretta 63

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View with Large Balcony

Casino was a smoking venue this was not pleasant experience.

Getting off at Hong kong was a breeze. No Line ups.

Then we headed off to Singapore for a couple of rest days.
Loretta 63’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Spectrum of the Seas price drops

Ocean View with Large Balcony
Cabin 1C
Beautiful design you can fit cases under your bed. 2 good sized wardrobes and draws. Large couch and a great balcony. USB charging ports.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins