• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Amara11429
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

I would love to share with you my entire complaint while sailing on MSC Armonia 8.19.2019 to 8.26.19.Firstly, we requested special dietary offering and we never received it in the private dining room. So every night we went to the pizzeria. The food was always cold never hot. We would ask for it to be sent out extra hot but we never received it as such. And the food wasn’t enjoyable it was either salty, greasy or insipid. The sad thing is we were not the only guests unsatisfied whether it was in the dining room or on the buffet. We overheard many guests complain of the same issues.A lot the times the offerings were more cold food than hot. The staff in the dining areas tried to accommodate but we later found out the Executive chef did not want to accommodate guest requests. Strangely enough on the 8.24.19 or 8.25.19 we received a call from guest services asking if our special dietary needs have been met and if we were satisfied. I told guest service no and explain that we have been disappointed all along yet still nothing changed and it was ridiculous to us that they decided to check so close to the end of the cruise. This alone was highly unacceptable. We were also very disturbed by the guest who attempted man overboard, disturbing our sleep and damping the mood of the entirety of the cruise. On 8.24.19 our cabin toilet wouldn’t flush we called guest services the engineer reset it and then it stop flushing again we called guest services and til the end of the cruise 8.26.19 no one came to reset the bathroom toilet. Our maid on the morning of disembarkation had to offer us the toilet in a empty cabin down the hall due to the lack of care via guest services. I was very unhappy about this. During my stay I noticed bug bites on my skin but they seem to multiply with each passing day. I also, had been sleeping a lot and taking rest in my stateroom bed 9016. On 8.26.19 I discovered the bed bugs pictured in the attachment. Assuming that MSC cruise lines were a good company we would never imagine it to be bed bug ridden. We were in shock how they dealt with the situation from the first manager to respond (Alina) to the doctor (Vesna) to the last person who dealt with it ( Jairo Sanchez Event Manager). In total we were offered 6 tablets of antihistamine, a 10% off future sale voucher, and We insisted to receive a complimentary shuttle to FLL airport which we received. We felt very insulted by what they offered us to rectify what happened to us and no one seemed to care because it was the end of the cruise. The customer service attitude needs a deep revamping. No one thought of the possible aftermath that we could have endured. We possibly could’ve infested our home with bed bugs. My health due to the bug bites, we spent about 8 hours laundering our clothes to be safe. But worst of all the response time makes me wonder what is MSC’s philosophy on great/good customer service. I really think my experience should be a teaching moment and further looked into.

Oceanview Stateroom

Port Reviews

Ocho Rios

People are too money hungry turns you off

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Love the beach 7 mile take the public bus for 2$

Costa Maya

Beautiful port with lots of potential

3 Helpful Votes