• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jdib78
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

My wife and I picked this cruise despite the fact we swore we wouldn’t sail with Carnival again after our last trip a couple years ago. Compared to NCL and RC, we just weren’t impressed with our last cruise. But we booked because we wanted a quick weekend getaway on the cheap. Well we got what we paid for.

First off, if you have even slight concerns about motion sickness, avoid this ship at all costs. It has no stabilizers so you can feel every wave. Even with my bonine pills, I still had occasional moments of queeziness.

The ship is relatively small compared to others I’ve sailed. So the entertainment options were kind of limited. The pools are not really that kid friendly and there aren’t a lot of things available to entertain kids, so it’s not an ideal family cruise compared to others we’ve been on. They had a water slide but it’s not accessible from the main pool deck so you can’t keep a close eye on the kids if you want to sun bathe while they slide.

Port Reviews

San Diego

While we waited for our boarding time, we walked down the boardwalk to a local shopping area. It was lovely. Nice little touristy shops and restaurants. Great way to kill time.

7 Helpful Votes