3. Norwegian Sun
A Day in the Life of a experience Cruiser on NCL Sun This was a girls cruise and we booked b2b just to be on the sea. The price was incredible almost unheard of. (10 days for $400).. This was a book on Wednesday on the ship Thursday. My friend was flying in from Canada and her plane was 2 hours late. I had booked a transport from the Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral. There last shuttle was at 1pm. We were the only 2 for this shuttle and there was no driver. We sat around and asked the customer service rep what was going on. She told us they would be here in 5 minutes. Come to find out the driver was sent home and she was trying to get a hotel to shuttle us. The lady said she had to go get a cig break. 15 minutes later she is back, and nobody has appeared to take us to the port. At this point I am not very happy, so I followed her around until we had a solid plan. They put me in an Uber. We left the airport at 2pm Since we were late boarding was done with no issues. We went right to our room and dropped off our carry ones. The room was on the 10th floor, inside family. Nice room for being inside. Our room steward, Julius, was awesome. When we asked for something, like ice, we got it every time he did service. We loved him. The ship is small and while it was renovated, it was just cosmetics. The ship is not easy to navigate, for one main dining venue, you had to go up one flight of stairs across the ship then down another flight of stairs. There were little areas that we found by accident. A speciality restaurant is being used for a buffet. Great place to eat and never crowded. The sailing had rough waters everyday. That didn’t bother us, we have sea legs. Allot of people were sick, including the staff. Good thing about folks being sick, is they stayed in their room. We were able to find some quiet spots on the ship. Forget being around the pool. Folk were packed and the music was loud. During some of our days at sea, the pools were closed due to rough seas. Referencing staff customer service was non-existed. We asked several times where is this or that, and the answer was always “I don’t know”. We went to guest services to ask about our second leg and can we upgrade to a balcony or at least leave us in the same room. Everyone said they can’t do that until the “sea day”. We heard this twice and even when we were back at the PC port they still couldn’t answer the question. Stardust entertainment. The first night was fun. We enjoyed the show. There was a female comedian who was horrible. I don’t remember her name. (pink hair) She had two shows, one was children friendly. We got to the show and watched part of it and left. Back for the adult show and it was a repeat from the previous one. Then there was a show with the crew. We enjoyed the show. We didn’t bother to go for the second comedian as we saw him in the first night ‘taster’ show and realize he wasn’t our cup of tea. We also didn’t go to the juggler or hypnotist. Our second hero of the trip was the piano man, Derrick. I wish I wrote down his last name. We spent allot of our evening at the piano enjoying Derrick. He was engaging, friendly, and took allot of request. The last night, Derrick stayed late and mingled with the crowd, and did some new music. He has his own music and we were lucky enough to hear some. I hope to see him on my other ships. Jason who is the another singer, is horrible. We ate at the main dining rooms, buffet, and room service. The food was nice and plenty of variety. The ship should make note that there is only 1 waffle maker in a station. There should be more than 1. I watched 4 omelets being made and my waffle wasn’t done. We were on the cruise that got sent away at Cozumel. Since we had b2b we decided not get off at Cozumel on the first cruise. So we didn’t get to see Cozumel. Disappointing however it is safety first. This pier was also the one where the two Carnival ships collided. We were suppose to tender and couldn’t due to water conditions and ultimately were told to pull up anchor and leave port. It would have been nice to see our port fees refunded. We had an extra day at sea. I didn’t mind that, however the ship was not prepared for an extra day at sea. They tried to have extra ‘events’, unfortunately it didn’t come across as successful. Some of these special events you had to pay some type of fee. The other events had staff that didn’t care to be hosting the event. Our first room was 0303. Clean and everything was in working order, clean, and wonderful room stewart. Second cruise we were in 9603. Horrible room. Horrible stewart. Bathroom had cracked counters that were filled in with epoxy. I think a kid did the repairs. The bathroom mirror had started to decay and had damage to 3 sides. Basically the mirror was useless for the bottom portion. The shower had the shelve missing the bar, so nothing could be placed in the shower. I have two more cruises with NCL and have them since I had to use some cruisenext certificates. After that I will be trying some new cruise lines. I’ve seen allot of changes that are effecting the quality of the cruise experience.

Sad but true. NCL has gone down hill.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by jswdlw

A Day in the Life of a experience Cruiser on NCL Sun

jswdlw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1
0303 clean and plenty of room for two ladies. Then we moved to 9306. Horrible room that needs some repair.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins