3. Pride of America
We chose this cruise because it originates in Hawaii and because we had my disabled brother with us. Despite the fact that we booked 15 months in advance (paying an extremely high fares vs advertised fares closer to departure dates), it was a constant struggle to be sure that we had adjoining cabins and that our travel plans were linked. Eventually, we thought we had everything worked out, only to arrive at our hotel in LA to discover Norwegian had not books adjoining rooms for that part of the trip. We were exhausted from traveling from the East Coast and it took nearly 45 minutes to straighten out the problem--there were no adjoining rooms. On de on the ship, our accommodations were fine. I will give Norwegian credit for a vefry smooth boarding and disembarking process. The meal processes were also quite smooth or such a huge ship and so many guests. The food was blah by anyone's book. I'd rate it as college cafeteria standard for folks who don't have discriminating tastes. It was plentiful. We ate at the Brazilian steakhouse one evening.It was not impressive. The entertainment was also blah except the one night we saw the magician. The onboard activities were mostly silly and uninteresting. We are not interested in bingo or karaoke or ping pong tournaments. Shore excursions were less than steller except for the day at Haleakala. They were grossly overpriced and quite frankly, boring. Because of my brother 's disabilities, we booked only Level 1 activity excursions. There were no Level 1 excursions offered in Kauai, so we were on out own. The catamaran/snorkeling excursion was fun, but was not really Level 1 since boarding the boat was quite tricky and the boarding ladder for snorkelers could not be used by two of us. In summary, I am done with cruising on large ships. I am disappointed in Norwegian's lack of attention to the nee of disabled passengers. I am deeply disappointed that we spent a large amount of money for only a so-so experience.

Underwhelmed

kathiesue’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
Cabin was fine--very small, but the handicapped shower in the adjoining cabin (10538) had a sharp object that results in a cut foot. Calls to guest services to correct the situation were not attended to.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins